Forum > Spacemaster

Character generator/character sheet for Spacemaster 2nd edition

(1/8) > >>

TerryTee:
Just thought I?d advertise a bit :P and mention that I?ve uploaded a character sheet / character generator for Spacemaster 2nd edition (Excel workbook) to the Vault.
Questions, feedback and feature requests are welcome.

http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item611

-Terry

international1:
I am not an excel spreedsheet person...only an attorney...so I have been trying to update old spreedsheets to encompass both SM and RM.  This is a good start.  I would love to see the community put one together that was easy to modify for those who have a need.  I only want to be able to run a scifi campaign that may have fantasy elements at times.  Since RM and SM are supposed to be compatible...it would be useful to get a character sheet that could handle both.

Good start for the Classic or old rules.

markc:

--- Quote from: international1 on March 28, 2008, 08:55:30 AM ---I am not an excel spreedsheet person...only an attorney...so I have been trying to update old spreedsheets to encompass both SM and RM.  This is a good start.  I would love to see the community put one together that was easy to modify for those who have a need.  I only want to be able to run a scifi campaign that may have fantasy elements at times.  Since RM and SM are supposed to be compatible...it would be useful to get a character sheet that could handle both.

Good start for the Classic or old rules.

--- End quote ---

I am with you as I plan on a combo-campaign with RMSS and SM:P. I have not done an Excel sheet yet but I would also like one in which you can change skill cost, skill progression, skill type [E, O, R], take away skills, skill stat and anything else that comes to mind.

A side note, in the future there is on the drawing boards going to be some profession companion that just may combine the space professions with the fantasy professions. But that is a guess on my part and from remembering from somewhere what they said about future ICE products. I also think it will be a RMSS/FRP and SM:P book not RM2 and SM2, so for that you might have to do some estimated guess work and some play testing to get the power level right.
MDC

international1:
One other wish on my wish list is if you could add the option to assign the stats instead of rolling the stats.  I have moved away from randomly generating stats in my SM:P rules.  This would also be useful on the Psion list/Spell list purchase as well.  RM Classic has a method of buying Spell lists that removes the randmoness and makes it fair for a spell caster who can simply expend points to buy spell lists.  Since other classes have no randomly available skills it puts players on a level playing field.

TerryTee:
Thanks for your feedback International1

The main focus of this workbook is obviously Spacemaster, so the Rolemaster support is limited to races, professions and skills. There is not really a lot of rules support in the sheet at the moment, with the following exceptions I can think of at the top of my head:
-XP and level
-Bonus, DP and PP for stats (configurable in current version)
-Skill bonus for skill Ranks
-Various calculations (DB, Total Skill, HP, RR, PP)
-A configurable house rule on weapon skill categories
-A configurable house rule on minimum stat when generating stats randomly
-A configurable house rule on development points multiplier
(I make a distinction here between rules and pure data like race stat bonuses, skill costs, level bonuses).

Building flexibility into a character generator is quite possible, but I?m not my choice of Excel is the best option? A problem with flexibility is the added complexity for the user. I often get a bit put off when opening a new character generator due to complexity.
I have tried to keep the complexity down a little (I don?t know if I?ve succeeded;-). My aim has been to build a character sheet that is easy to use, and that can be used in a manner that suits the player. I have added a Wizard-thing, but the player is free to create a character any way he wants to, doing different bits at different times or come back to bits that are not done (a few exceptions where things must be done in order).
I?d be happy to look at how RM could b e better incorporated, but I don?t play RM?

You can assign stats in two ways:
1) Do it directly in the FRONTSHEET
2) On the main form (push Edit character) you can highlight and edit the stats right there. I guess this is not obvious from the layout, but if you highlight the first stat, then you can just TAB through the rest.

Personally I always roll stats, so that I too set them manually in the character sheet.

I?m not sure I follow on the buying of lists. The current version of the form for Psion has no buying mechanism; It is up to the player/GM to determine when a List or Portion of a List can be added, and then add it through the form.

-Terry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version