Forum > Spacemaster

Traveller to Spacemaster conversion

(1/2) > >>

Grimsouled:
Hey all, I've been working on at Traveller to Spacemaster conversion. My goal is to mimic the Traveller setting with the Spacemaster rules. I'm posting my progress at www.kevinknight.org if you want to take a look. Feedback is welcome!

Hansuke:
I have did a lot of mathematical calculations to try and get my Traveller campaign into Spacemaster terms. But now I am looking at it differently. I think the campaign should have a Age of Sail feeling with no communication beyond the fastest speed of a starship. I think I am going to limit my FTL picks to 1-6 and just use a pick as being how many parsecs can be travelled in a week's jump. I think the sublight picks can be done the same way by limiting to 6 picks with each pick being 10km/sec^2. I like your work though. It pays to have different viewpoints.

Grimsouled:
I stuck with keeping all the Traveller equipment, ships, weapons, armor etc and just making SM rules for them.

Hansuke:
I like that method also. I have spent many hours looking at Traveller equipment and trying to convert it. I haven't looked at that project recently though. Since RMU came out, I have been soaking in it to see how I might move forward with a RMU/Traveller project. After reading through your pages last night, it has given more interest in the SM2/Traveller project. But I got sidetracked late last night and starting reading SMP looking for crossover potential. I do like your pages though. Very good reading.

Grimsouled:

--- Quote from: Hansuke on September 26, 2023, 07:44:46 AM --- I do like your pages though. Very good reading.

--- End quote ---

Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version