Forum > Spacemaster

Psi Enhanced Armor

(1/1)

Grimsouled:
So in our game, I wanted to introduce psionically enhanced armor. This is armor that has a network of psionically reactive crystals interwoven through out it. These crystals can be used to both store power points and boost the character's DB. Here is what we came up with:

Rule:
Any Psi-enhanced suit of armor must be attuned to the user per the rules in 3.10 Delving: Attunement. Once attuned, the armor may be used to store a number of power points equal to the character's Power Development ranks. Each stored power point increases the attuned character's DB by 1 while wearing that armor.

Thoughts?

Hurin:
Seems like a cool idea. It introduces a tactically interesting choice when the Psionicist is considering whether to cast a big spell but therefore reduce their DB by the corresponding amount.

PP can get pretty high though, even in SM2, and that might lead to very high DBs, so that would be my only concern. Maybe set a max limit depending on the number of crystals in the armor?

Grimsouled:

--- Quote from: Hurin on September 01, 2023, 09:40:35 AM ---PP can get pretty high though, even in SM2, and that might lead to very high DBs, so that would be my only concern. Maybe set a max limit depending on the number of crystals in the armor?

--- End quote ---

See above "the armor may be used to store a number of power points equal to the character's Power Development ranks". I felt that was a good limit, well unless you are talking really high level characters...

Hurin:
Yep, sounds good then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version