Forum > Spacemaster

Spacemaster Imperium OCR and Text Recovery

(1/12) > >>

NicholasHMCaldwell:
As a preliminary to returning the Imperium setting in the future (as a future unified Spacemaster setting and possibly as a HARP SF setting), we need to extract the text from various scanned pdfs. So anyone with time and software on their hands to OCR and tidy up the extracted text for us? Volunteers wanted!

Best wishes,
Nicholas

DJRJ_AU:
I'd be happy to help out.  I'm picky enough to lie awake at nights wondering if "anal-retentive" is supposed to have a hyphen or not, so proof-reading and correcting OCRs would be a welcome change.  :)

Takeyabue:
i would also be happy to help with this project as it can tie in with my preparation for my existing HARP SF game. i assume you are expecting a text-based pdf as the finished product in place of the current image-based pdf? Would it be entire volumes or simply selections from the existing volumes?

Hurin:
Sorry, I can't help with the computer stuff-- I just don't have the skills or the time at the moment.

I love the idea of resurrecting the Imperium setting. Though to be honest, I didn't mind the Privateers setting; I especially liked the way Privateers balanced the races (I actually used the Privateers races, in addition to the SM2 races, in my current SM2 campagin), and I liked the way they did tech levels. So, what I would like to see from a unified SMU is a system that takes the best of both, reviving the Imperium but with balanced, varied races.

Nicholas: from one academic to another, and from someone who has gone through that difficult first year, I would say: it only gets better from here! Your first few semesters are just about survival. Just get to the summer, and everything will be better :)

ob1knorrb:
I'll check my old files to see if I started this already.
I was working on a timeline ( http://www.icewebring.com/SMSDTimeLine/TimeLine.htm ) and may have OCR'd some stuff for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version