Forum > Shadow World

Utha

(1/4) > >>

Brimariis:
What has happened to Utha?  He (with help) created the Eyes of Utha and empowered his son to guard them.  He didn't die to Kadaena.  According to history (.0), "Relying on sophisticated machines to alert them, the Duskwalkers place themselves in cronagenic hibernation... with the death of Utha - First Master of the Flows - their long vigil begins."  Did he sacrifice himself?  Did he transfer his soul somewhere, perhaps he embedded his presence within Daenku (hence why Daenku is half mad as he has another spirit inside him)?  Did Ondoval go back in time and slay him (and Utha died without reason)?

dutch206:
It was always my opinion that Utha and Kadena killed each other in the last battle.  However, a close reading of Vroom's website does not support that conclusion.  I wonder what happened?

Brimariis:
I personally like the version when Ondoval went back in time to get the Dark Jewel and question Utha about "The Eyes".  Utha basically told him to "go to the Pales" and Ondoval and Utha faught.  Unfortunately, Utha already gave the sword away and well, Utha was found dead (perhaps a spell of just a nice brutal strangleling).

I would love to hear Terry's version:)

Brim`

Guillaume:
Uthat survived the battle with Kadaena.

Straight from the Nomikos Library ( or the compilated Master Timelines ) :
(click to show/hide)Utha gathers the few surviving Duskwalkers. They combine their powers to create the Eyes of Utha to guard the planet, and place them in shrines located at the north and south axial poles. That done, they construct a bunker deep beneath the earth and select a few to become a secret order with the intention of maintaining a vigil: if any of the minions of Kadaena have survived, a watch must be kept so that those evil forces can be destroyed. They must ensure the safety of the Eyes of Utha and, secondarily, to continue to close the errant Portals - 'Shadowgates'. These Portals, though severely inhibited by the Eyes of Utha, still allow demonic beings limited access to Kulthea. This cabal is to be led by none other than Utha's son V'gliin - though he would come to be known as simply Daenku. It is made up of eight surviving Duskwalkers and calls itself the Ahrenreth - Ir. "Secret Circle". Relying on sophisticated machines to alert them, the Duskwalkers place themselves in cronagenic hibernation... with the death of Utha - First Master of the Flows - their long vigil begins.
so he died (click to show/hide) sometime between the death of Kadaena and the time Andraax and the original Ahrenreth went to sleep for the first time

Vince:
i think i've read somewhere that the effort to create the Eyes was too much for Utha, that put much of his essance in those items, to guard the planet. 

That's my idea, maybe is still awake as presence, but nothing more.

That's the way i like to think about Utha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version