Forum > Shadow World

Rediscovering Shadow World

(1/4) > >>

Maldroth:
Hello all with finding out about the RMC I'm starting to look into Shadow World again. When I was introduced to RM it was in a SW campaign and I barely remember it. My question is for a new GM of RM what would you guys recomend as an important book to get for Shadow World to get a grasp and feel for the world and then to present to players to help them get that same feeling of why SW seemed cool.

mathhatt:
I guess I would recommend the Master Atlas (either 3rd or 4th ed.) ;) However you should write something for your players because a lot of secrets are in this book and you wouldn't want your players to read them...
I think there are some detailed descriptions (in english, mine is in french) available online that you could give them to read.

vroomfogle:
Hi Maldroth!   

One thing to do, before buying anything is to check out my website:
http://www.vroomfogle.com

In the top right there is a section labeled "Player Guides" - this is good overview information about Shadow World and is intended to be for Players.     So you and your players can give that a read first and get an idea of the flavor of the world.

Then, as mathhatt suggested, I would get the Master Atlas (I suggest 3rd edition if you can still buy it), then depending on your budget pick up Eidolon, Emer I, Emer II, and/or Jaiman.   If you like city adventures then Eidolon is a great way to go.   If you want to recapture some of that nostalgia of your early Shadow World years then get Jaiman which is probably what you adventured in before.

Once you become a SW scholar and read all the books then you can sign up at my other website Nomikos (you'll need to show proof of ownership of an atlas), which has a wealth of information....but be forewarned it could be overwhelming to someone new to it!
http://nomikos.vroomfogle.com

Good Luck and welcome back to Kulthea!

And don't hesitate to post any questions or thoughts here, there are plenty of us SW aficionado's to answer them.

Guillaume:

--- Quote from: mathhatt on September 20, 2007, 04:17:50 AM ---I guess I would recommend the Master Atlas (either 3rd or 4th ed.) ;) However you should write something for your players because a lot of secrets are in this book and you wouldn't want your players to read them...
I think there are some detailed descriptions (in english, mine is in french) available online that you could give them to read.

--- End quote ---

IIRC, I wrote a "Everything you wanted to know about Shadow World without asking for it" with players in mind.
It's laying somewhere in the Vault as a PDF file. There's everything your players need to know about Shadow World in it. I probably have it in French too, but that one is not in the Vault.

As for the books recommandations : Master Atlas ( 3rd or 4th ), Haalkitaine and the Emer books are must haves. Next you have Eidolon and Jaiman, but they are older and more difficult to find. After it's up to you.

Maldroth:
Is there a big difference in the 3rd or 4th edition Atlas? Sounds like I should start there and then expand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version