Author Topic: Research and build/repair tables  (Read 1594 times)

Offline SnowDog

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Research and build/repair tables
« on: June 08, 2007, 08:01:21 AM »
Hi,

I just got added to the list and so far I have only skimmed the PDF but it seems that there are no research and build/repair tables like there were in SM2. If I have not just missed them then I can only ask to consider adding them (or something similar). Back then when we had a long running SM2 campaign going we used those tables extensively and had a blast. I think it was the first time when PCs were doing something that could be considered "normal" for extended periods of time.

In all cases hi to everyone!
"This is my way to run games. There are many ways to run games but this is mine."

- Full Metal GM

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Research and build/repair tables
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 08:46:41 AM »
In the Adventuring chapter, there is a section on Equipment Issues, which includes repair and tinkering rules. Research and construction rules are reserved for SysOp's Guide as they need more room to do properly.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline SnowDog

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Research and build/repair tables
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 12:02:29 PM »
Okay, I have to read the PDF more throughly and wait for the SysOp's guide then. Actually, I agree that SysOp's Guide is better suited for that kind of stuff than the core book for the reasons you mentioned but I am glad to see that they will be in this game too.

Thanks!
"This is my way to run games. There are many ways to run games but this is mine."

- Full Metal GM