Author Topic: Underground Races  (Read 1136 times)

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
Underground Races
« on: November 04, 2011, 11:07:53 AM »
If you had lived all your life underground, had never seen a sky before, didn't even have the concept of "sky" ...and were exiled to the surface... how many days do you think it would take before you started screaming at the sun and moon to stop following you around and spying on you?

:o

You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
Re: Underground Races
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 04:32:18 PM »
a week? two days? depends really on what level of sophistication and education this civilization has… they would, probably have knowledge and concept of this "open expanse" devoid of the canopy of stone and mountains, the empty barrier with strange stuff moving over it that serves as an inadequate ceiling… at least if they can exile people up there and if the people were even remotely curious about the borders of their world and what lay beyond… then it would vary depending upon what myths and superstition they attach to this "sky" (or whatever they would call the roof-of-nothing-but-confusing-object-moving-about-following-and-pestering-us-with-sudden-increases-and-decreases-in-temperature-and-suchness…).
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Underground Races
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:03:26 AM »
I would give such a person an overwhelming Agoraphobia flaw.
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"