Author Topic: Change in SM:P?  (Read 2591 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Change in SM:P?
« on: July 24, 2009, 04:14:12 PM »
 I was wondering what people would like to see changed rule wise in SM:P?
[Now I do not want to make this a basing session but instead constructive.] 

Example:
1) Would like to see detail range for starship combat.

Thanks
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Change in SM:P?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 05:50:55 PM »
You have mine listed.

Of course, for me the biggest change wouldn't be with the rules, it would be with the setting. I much prefer the old SM setting to this anthropomorphic-animals one. (Although, I have always had a soft spot for tiger-people.  :D)
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 10:05:20 PM »
I'd change some of the Psychic stuff, just to make it flow better and be less redundant. There is a crit table for x,y,z so I have to have the option of taking powers X,Y,Z. ?   I don't want powers to avoid established mechanics already in the game. This is not a bash. I'd like there to be ....more of a Category... "if you can do "this", well this other stuff is related so, you can try that too. Now your character won't be very good at it unless you develop the actual skills in it..."

I respectfully, dismiss some of the setting away with this: Chimera; human-animal gene-mods.
So, the setting isn't really important for my games.. I change most of it anyway.
The rules are well thought out and very playable. Encouraging multiple TP is a great idea!
And Blaster Law.. is a really cool book for any game. :) Well done!
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 09:52:56 AM »
Well, I'd reformat it substantially to make it a functional rule book.  Somebody rolled a couple low open ended on a Book Organization static maneuver on SPAM.

I'd make the Privateers setting a big fat hard back with more depth.  Because as it happens I like the setting.  Robert disagrees with me but I think it would have been better accepted if the art was anime style.  Possibly because that style tends to turn off the hard core sf fans and bring in the anime fans and furry fetishists.

I think the core book should be more generic though I'd still put in cat and dog and bug people because they are the sf elves and dwarves.  There'd be at least five close to human varient races too, just add face putty.  I think I'd notch the tech level down a touch too.

And yes!  Vehicular Weapon ranges!