Author Topic: Director's Briefing - December 2022  (Read 3863 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - December 2022
« on: November 18, 2022, 12:46:18 PM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-thirty-sixth Briefing and eleventh scheduled Briefing of 2022.

Dragonmeet

We hurtle towards Dragonmeet on 3rd December. We have been fortunate and the shipments of Garden of Rain, Bestiary and Beyond The Veil have been printed, shipped and collected. Fingers remain firmly crossed with regard to the national and London Underground Tube strikes.

ERA for Rolemaster and Shadow World

Every ERA dataset and the ERA software itself were all updated last month. There were also some additional updates to the ERA Essence Companion and ERA Mentalism Companion datasets. Max is currently expanding the Shadow World datasets to include some NPCs from key Shadow World sourcebooks as “creatures” in the software.

Rolemaster and RMU

All the tweaks to RMU Core Law have been completed. I have already sent print masters to DriveThru. Both the hardcover and the softcover print master have made it through the DriveThru checks. The hardcover has also made it through the Lightning Source checks. Bizarrely although there was only 3 minutes difference between the upload times of the hardcover master files and the softcover master files, and I am fairly convinced that our colleagues at DriveThru sent both sets to Lightning Source at the same time (because unsurprisingly I have been regularly checking on the progress of these), the softcover is still being checked by Lightning Source.

As soon as the hardcover was approved, I ordered a proof copy and am patiently (OK, impatiently) awaiting its arrival. I am checking regularly for a notification that the softcover has been approved so that I can order a proof copy. There should be sufficient time for the hardcover to be printed and shipped to me in time for Dragonmeet. It’s getting dicier for the softcover though.

On RMU Spell Law, I have asked most of my Columbo questions. We have some tweaks to make to the front cover, back cover text to finalise and I think I have found two residual tiny errors in the interior.

Colin, meanwhile, has commenced commissioning of artwork for RMU Creature Law.

Until next time

Please stay safe.
Best wishes,
Nicholas
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline luzbel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - December 2022
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 05:01:59 PM »
Great!!!  ;)

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 05:36:08 PM »
neat.  I'll probably get RMU from Drivethru.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline technobabble66

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 11:30:37 PM »
Excellent news!!
Thanks for the update

Offline menerst

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 06:15:14 AM »
Hello,
Will we have the pdf available for December 3rd?

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 08:28:11 AM »
It seems like the November entry got named to be the December entry. I hope we will get a real update in December, too about Spell Law.

As for the RMU Core Law update...seems like Christmas presents are kind of given now.
/Pa Staav

Offline Finlos001

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 04:38:47 PM »
Good news, that much closer to holding physical books in my hand!

Offline Eryius

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2022, 01:32:36 PM »
So close now. Amazing! :D

Offline philhall1969

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2022, 02:54:17 PM »
Any idea what the MSRP for all three versions (PDF, Softbound, Hardbound) might be? Just a ball-park figure?

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2022, 07:55:23 AM »
Oh man.  Getting hyped!

Offline Tommi

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2022, 03:11:05 AM »
Will there be grand notification about release?

If some brick and mortar stores also carried RMU -line it could increase RM's visibility in gaming community. Any plans?

Offline Barner Cobblewood

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2022, 07:50:31 AM »
Hi, I live in Canada (Montreal), and would prefer to buy books in a local store. Is this likely to be possible? Thanks, BC

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2022, 08:38:40 AM »
It's unlikely to make it into bricks and mortar stores. I've looked at it in every different way to try and make it a reality because it would be great to be able to offer it. Unfortunately there's no way of doing it that is financially viable for Iron Crown and the stores in question.

Offline Evensnalgonel

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2022, 02:16:13 PM »
Hello,
Will we have the pdf available for December 3rd?
It's a good date (December 3rd) because it's... my birthday ^^ then RMU in the same date  ;D

Offline Barner Cobblewood

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2022, 03:55:44 PM »
It's unlikely to make it into bricks and mortar stores. I've looked at it in every different way to try and make it a reality because it would be great to be able to offer it. Unfortunately there's no way of doing it that is financially viable for Iron Crown and the stores in question.
Fair enough. Thanks for the prompt reply. BC

Offline Crivens

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2022, 10:09:49 AM »
Myself and my players are so eager !
I will be my present for Christmas

Do you have an idea for Creatures Law schedule?, when could it be ready in pdf?, honestly if the text and the tables are finalised, I am ready to buy the pdf without the illustrations
Need to find a good signature...

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2022, 11:46:11 AM »
Creature Law hasn't been laid out yet, it's still at the art-buying stage. So there's a bit of work still to do. That lags behind Spell Law (laid out and in the final nitpicking stage) and Treasure Law (laid out but the nitpicking stage has not yet begun).
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2022, 01:17:38 PM »
Do we know the retail price yet for Core Law?
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline Jakob

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Otherland Bookshop - The No. 1 Adress for Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror and Role-Playing Games in Berlin, Germany
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2022, 02:26:30 PM »
I know it's only a few more days, but how about a preview of the cover? It's not like I would judge the book by it, but still ...

Reading up a little bit about the changes that have been made, this actually sounds more streamlined in a lot of ways. Also, I just love RPGs that come with a lot of playable ancestries out of the gate, and as it seems, RMU will deliver on that front.