Forum > Conventions & Conferences

Gen Con 2016

<< < (6/6)

Cory Magel:
Well, reservations made for 2017... never too early to plan, right?  ;)

Bruce:

--- Quote from: bpowell on August 10, 2016, 08:32:58 PM ---
I was there, but did not take an "electronic leash"

-BP

--- End quote ---

Well if that is how you see it then sorry we could not meet up. I use my phone to stay in contact with friends and family. In fact if I did not have contact with my one old friend down in Indy they we would not have gone to seen Suicide Squad. Which despite all the hate out there for the movie it was pretty good.

Bruce:

--- Quote from: Cory Magel on August 21, 2016, 01:44:27 PM ---Well, reservations made for 2017... never too early to plan, right?  ;)

--- End quote ---
Correct.
I plan on going next year as it is also the 50th anniversary of my birth so..... But who knows what will happen between now and then.

But we definitely need to meet up again. I may possibly be running some more games next year and if you are also then that would be awesome. Maybe we could coordinate the times so we can possibly join in each others games.

Cory Magel:
I've worked GenCon twice, once helping ICE out a bit and running my own tournament event and once while I was working at WotC and I just don't want to run games there anymore.  Have also been twice just for fun.  If it wasn't 2200 miles away I would run games, but I'm more interested in playing than GMing, so I just can't justify the cost of going all the way to GenCon only to 'work'.

I'll have to see about the gaming in RM part though.  However, when I got to GenCon I usually play games I want to try out or don't get to play regularly at home.  RPG's that I don't know and want to see I probably won't even sign up for, but rather just show up to watch the start (intro) and a little play to see if it's something I'll like.  Board games I want to try I'll take part in however as I want to actually PLAY to see if I like the strategies.

Definitely up for a meet and greet again however.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version