Author Topic: Planning to run a Shadowworld Campaign  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Intrepidations

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Planning to run a Shadowworld Campaign
« on: July 29, 2010, 04:44:06 PM »
Hello,
I have all the original modules and the RM2 books and I am planning to run a campaign in this setting at my local shop (I'm the owner).  Being the shop owner I would like to get some of the newer books in but what rule set is closest to the RM2 books that my customers could buy and use for the campaign?
Thanks in advance.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Planning to run a Shadowworld Campaign
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 06:27:52 PM »
Hello,
I have all the original modules and the RM2 books and I am planning to run a campaign in this setting at my local shop (I'm the owner).  Being the shop owner I would like to get some of the newer books in but what rule set is closest to the RM2 books that my customers could buy and use for the campaign?
Thanks in advance.

The closest would be Rolemaster Classic (RMC) which is essentially updated RM2. But you will not find all of the old Rolemaster Companions (ROCO) in RMC as only ROCO 1 has been redone. The books are available in PDF and physical form.
 Another option is to get Rolemaster Express which is essentially RMC in smaller chunks with some other added rules. I do  not work for ICE so I do not know if they are available in book form as I have some of them in PDF form. It is a very cheep way to get into the game system.
  Maybe you could talk to ICE and work out a deal in which people buy the PDF from your shop and you get some of the profits or something.

Links:
    RMC: http://www.ironcrown.com/index.php?page=igames/IntroRMC
    RMX: http://www.ironcrown.com/index.php?page=igames/IntroRMX
    RMC vs RMX: http://www.ironcrown.com/index.php?page=igames/RMCvsRMX

BTW have fun as I know you and your gamers will love SW.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Intrepidations

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 02:31:40 AM »
Thanks for this, I have a few of those in stock so will see if I can get the rest.

We are planning on a multi GM campaign with 20+ players interacting with each other at different times so should be a lot of fun, and no doubt a lot of effort:)
Cheers

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 01:02:59 PM »
Thanks for this, I have a few of those in stock so will see if I can get the rest.

We are planning on a multi GM campaign with 20+ players interacting with each other at different times so should be a lot of fun, and no doubt a lot of effort:)
Cheers

Yes that does sound like lots of fun and IMO it can be some work but very worth it.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.