Author Topic: Harp Martial Law PDF errors  (Read 13297 times)

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: Harp Martial Law PDF errors
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 09:24:43 AM »
Not sure what stats you are looking for.
If you mean, what Stat bonuses apply - Re/In is the answer.

The key differences between Runes skill and Battle Runes skill are:
* Runes Skill - Allows you to use Runes for runes that already exist.  There is a subskill for inscribe runes (at -30)
* Battle Runes - This skill is effectively a subskill of sorts. It allows inscribing of a limited group of spells as runes on weapons/armor and many spells require very high # of ranks in order to inscribe them.

The big difference is the spell limitation and the special requirements for additional ranks for Battle Runes.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 03:19:49 PM »
If you mean, what Stat bonuses apply - Re/In is the answer.

That is what I "assumed". I couldn't find anything listed in the Battle Runes description or anywhere else in Martial Law for that matter. You should at least put a remark on the Battle Runes description indicating that.

The big difference is the spell limitation and the special requirements for additional ranks for Battle Runes.
So in essence the Runes skill with the -30 sub skill mod is a better skill for implementing spells onto weapons or other items for that matter. I would "assume" then that the Battle Runes skill should indicate it is replacing that part of the "Runes" skill.

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 03:49:34 PM »
At -30 it is hardly a better skill, nor will it automatically trigger when a weapon is used.  The Runes skill would require you to stop and read the runes during battle to activate it, and it triggers immediately.

A Rune of Fireball on an arrow would not explode into flame upon contact. But when someone read the rune using a rune skill it would explode in their face.

As for the Re/In notation. I thought it was in there, but I couldn't find it.  I take another look, and if I don't find it I'll point it out to Nicholas as something to update (adding a line of text stating Re/In).

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 04:37:30 PM »
I'm perplexed. I also can't find the Re/In notation for Battlerunes, yet that is exactly what I find on my character sheet. Which I modified when Martial Law originally came out.  :o

I wonder where I got it from.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »
At -30 it is hardly a better skill, nor will it automatically trigger when a weapon is used.  The Runes skill would require you to stop and read the runes during battle to activate it, and it triggers immediately.

A Rune of Fireball on an arrow would not explode into flame upon contact. But when someone read the rune using a rune skill it would explode in their face.
That's true, I didn't apply the mechanics of the two different skills. I just noticed the limits of one of them.  :)
As for the Re/In notation. I thought it was in there, but I couldn't find it.  I take another look, and if I don't find it I'll point it out to Nicholas as something to update (adding a line of text stating Re/In).
Cool, I will keep looking. I will also start looking through College of Magics for errata as I haven't purchased that as of yet in print format (still not available in print AFAIK).
Bruce

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 08:53:34 PM »
I'm perplexed. I also can't find the Re/In notation for Battlerunes, yet that is exactly what I find on my character sheet. Which I modified when Martial Law originally came out.  :o

From the spreadsheet?   ;D

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 06:10:11 AM »

From the spreadsheet?   ;D

:o Spreadsheet? I don't have one for skills.

Offline Pat

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 08:04:50 AM »
I always thought that Battle Runes were basically a subset or replacement option for the Rune Skill which is Re/In. As it says in old ML Battle Runes "are an alternate method of inscribing spells."

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2014, 11:15:51 PM »
Where is the range info (range increment, PB range and bonus) for the new thrown and missile weapons in Martial Law?

Bruce

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 06:20:05 AM »
Where is the range info (range increment, PB range and bonus) for the new thrown and missile weapons in Martial Law?

Bruce

There is no information. I requested that information for the hand crossbow a while back and never got an answer. I ended using my using range information (about half of the short bow). The core book has a generic range that can be used for most of the thrown weapons in ML.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2014, 12:16:07 AM »
It would be nice if ICE could chime in on this and maybe put out a weapon stat sheet for the weapons in Martial Law.

Bruce

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 04:10:53 PM »
Regarding Martial Law ranges etc for new weapons, it is on my todo list.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2016, 01:14:09 PM »
Am I blind or did I make the following up: guidelines/rules for making your own combat and martial arts styles are mentioned in the book to "be in the back", but is not present in Martial Law ...?

I may have made it up, in a dream or something...
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2016, 08:49:31 AM »
Am I blind or did I make the following up: guidelines/rules for making your own combat and martial arts styles are mentioned in the book to "be in the back", but is not present in Martial Law ...?

Yes, it's mentioned on page 19 under Martial Arts styles. Refers to a "Building Styles"-section late in the chapter. I cannot find said section.
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline Karizma

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2017, 11:26:59 PM »

I was looking for this too. I've scoured the pdf and can't seem to find any guidelines for MA/Combat style creation, which is a bummer.

Offline Kullervo

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2017, 01:35:49 PM »
Page 101:
Rick– Human Ranger Level 20
Talents/Abilities: Outdoorsman
This Talent was in the old HARP edition, not in this one

Offline PGisKing

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2017, 04:35:27 AM »
Do you plan to update Martial Law after finishing Bestiary. How complicated are the mentioned changes? (Sorry, I'm not a native English speaker)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2018, 03:19:25 PM »
I'm glad someone mentioned the lack of range increments for ranged weapons.

There are a number of weapons either introduced on p.43 or 44, and either not described on p. 43 or not in the chart on p. 44. In some cases this could be when a weapon had a couple of names and both got used without being connected.

For example, I imagine the Kiri (Flamberge) is also the Kirier-mac, and that the Ti-Kiri (Kryss) is the same thing as the Tita-kirier. So, either be consistent or list the other alternate names, please.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline ImaginosMusic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Pikes Peak or Bust!!!
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2018, 08:46:21 PM »
I am doing some comparisons between my old 2004 hard copy Martial Law and the new pdf I purchased earlier this year. I noticed that the old version has Aerial Combat as a combat style and the pdf does not. I also noticed that the index in the pdf lists aerial combat on pages 17 and 33, but I can find nothing about aerial combat on page 17.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2018, 09:28:23 AM »
Aerial Combat has been replaced by the Flying/Gliding skill. If your flying mount is a living being, add Mounted Combat (mount and whatever weapon).

Why does it seem like a couple Martial Law training packages are meant to be taken with specific weapon combinations?

The Duelist is almost certainly intended for a rapier & dagger/main-gauche or rapier & buckler combo. As for the Knight, that TP was almost certainly written with polearms in mind.
#LotorAllura2024