Author Topic: Old Shadow World PDFs  (Read 3974 times)

Offline Intrepidations

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Old Shadow World PDFs
« on: January 06, 2012, 05:37:35 PM »
HI,
Finally getting round to kicking of my campaigns for rolemaster to a awhole new generation of RPGer's.

However in this modern age and I'm sure it's been asked 100 times, but is there a pdf store for the old modules, happy to pay for them.

Alternatively is there a way to scan and then pick up specific bits of text for the old physical modules?

The reason i ask is since it is a group of players entirely unfamiliar with the setting (none were born before it was written) I would like to give them a bit of information dependant on class choice about the setting, specifically Jaimen.  So for example the ranger will know what the different trees are and the rogue will know the layout of Norek and only have arough idea of what the different fauna is.  Copying and pasting this info will be significantly faster if I can copy and paste.

I know I'm lazy, but also time starved and really want to make them love this system.  Especially when the off putting parts of it (looking through hundreds of tables)  can now be resolved with a scanner and giving each charachter thier own tables.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
Re: Old Shadow World PDFs
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »
Hi Intrepidations,

All old Shadow World modules are going to be available as PDFs soon. From what I remember, they will be searchable but they'll actually display the scanned page image.

Which means you'll be able to copy and paste content from them. (Unless the PDFs are set to deny that - but the few new books that have been rolled out aren't locked in that way).

Also, for a great introduction for your players, check out the Shadow World - Players Guide. It has loads of good stuff in it but no GM secrets.  ;D
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline Intrepidations

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 06:40:14 PM »
Thanks, as a general guide that will be great, I've bought it and it doesn't give away any secrets.

Do we have a timescale for the pdf's?  I read the ICE review earlier and they seem to be focusing on the core products so far (understandably)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 05:38:53 AM »
The current priority for my layout gurus is to get Spacemaster and Rolemaster into pdf and print-on-demand, so that we can clear those queues.

In terms of Shadow World, the following searchable scan products are already available:
Gethaena, Kingdom of the Desert Jewel, Demons of the Burning Night, Quellbourne, Islands of the Oracle.

The following products are available as proper pdfs (i.e. not scans):
Shadow World Master Atlas 3rd and 4th Edition,  Powers of Light and Darkness, Xa-ar and the Shadow World Player Guide.

All of these are available from www.rpgnow.com

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 11:13:49 AM »
 And as per the Directors Briefing http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=11529.0  some other products are on the drawing board and in the pipeline.
MDC 
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline fac

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Shadow World's aficionado
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 08:51:06 AM »
Nicholas,

I have a doubt, you did not mention the Eidolon Studio books (Emer I, II, Haalkitaine and Cloudlords), are these books available? I own all but it's curious you did not mention them.
You must feel the thought and think the feeling

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 09:36:50 AM »
Nicholas,

I have a doubt, you did not mention the Eidolon Studio books (Emer I, II, Haalkitaine and Cloudlords), are these books available? I own all but it's curious you did not mention them.

Not yet available. They are in one of the queues for some adjustment so that they can return as rebranded pdfs and print-on-demand.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline DangerMan

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 06:43:16 AM »
Nicholas,

Not yet available. They are in one of the queues for some adjustment so that they can return as rebranded pdfs and print-on-demand.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Any idea on when?

Sincerly

Magnus
If you're having fun, you're doing it right!

Offline TeichDragon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 03:44:50 PM »
I'd like to ask for an update too.
PoD Versions for Emer I & II would be great...  :D

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 05:36:15 AM »
I'd like to ask for an update too.
PoD Versions for Emer I & II would be great...  :D

Just since I have all the files for Emer I and II, the cleanup etc. will fall on me as soon as I get Emer III out. (and come to think of it, I really need to update all those files from PageMaker to InDesign while I still can!) Also, Emer II especially has some content issues that I want to address before we release it again.

TKA
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.