Author Topic: Nationalities of ICE gamers  (Read 60957 times)

Offline Crivens

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Nationalities of ICE gamers
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2021, 03:17:55 PM »
France, Orléans
Need to find a good signature...

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2021, 01:17:16 AM »
Metropolitan France here.

Although I'm located in the southwest. Since the Albigensian Crusade, we are only cautiously french down here.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2021, 08:54:32 AM »
Since the Albigensian Crusade, we are only cautiously french down here.

I will remember never to say the names 'Simon de Montfort' or 'Innocent III' in your presence.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2021, 12:20:51 AM »
England, (alas slightly adrift from Europe), now, the real question, what language do you use when playing RM?

My guessing, is that the majority will use English, or use rulebooks written in English (or a slightly corrupted version thereof... ;) ) ..... what proportion use "Foreign" language translations for their games?

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2021, 01:41:51 AM »
England, (alas slightly adrift from Europe), now, the real question, what language do you use when playing RM?

My guessing, is that the majority will use English, or use rulebooks written in English (or a slightly corrupted version thereof... ;) ) ..... what proportion use "Foreign" language translations for their games?
We're speaking french (for practical reasons), but we all use rulebooks written in English. I've been doing that since I started playing RPGs... fourty-two years ago or so (of course it would be fourty-two...) and see no reason to stop now. Except, of course, if the original book is in another language I happen to be proficient in (i.e. french).

Offline Crivens

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2021, 07:54:22 AM »
Same here, we speak french when we play but we often use english for some spells or actions...
Need to find a good signature...

Offline Vladimir

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2021, 11:46:29 PM »
  Hawaiian refugee now living in Junction City, Kansas.
I have several hobbies...Like hanging out with Japanese girls in Imperial German uniforms...
When the Master governs, the people
are hardly aware that he exists.
-Lao Tzu

Offline Mordenkainen

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2022, 04:43:40 PM »
Australian. Grew up playing Rolemaster in Melbourne and fondly remember the easy availability of ICE products in the main gaming stores there in the late 80s through the mid-90s.
I'm curious about Australians and Kiwis who are not from the big cities - how did you discover ICE products back in the day? Did they even have well-stocked gaming stores in Dunedin or Perth back then? Let alone the rural areas.

Offline C.Tozer

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • youtube.com/@ofhorrorsandheroes
    • Of Horrors & Heroes
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2022, 03:03:22 AM »
Orginally from Dunedin, NZ. I got introduced to MERP by a school friend around age 12 way back in around 1985. Back then there were either one or two dedicated gaming stores in Dunedin that you could buy or order first MERP and then later on RM products from.

I would never say "well stocked" but yes from memory if you wanted to get a particular product you had a reasonable chance of finding it on a shelf back then or ordering it which would take a few weeks.

Australian. Grew up playing Rolemaster in Melbourne and fondly remember the easy availability of ICE products in the main gaming stores there in the late 80s through the mid-90s.
I'm curious about Australians and Kiwis who are not from the big cities - how did you discover ICE products back in the day? Did they even have well-stocked gaming stores in Dunedin or Perth back then? Let alone the rural areas.
**Interested in some Rolemaster Actual Play Sessions to watch - check out https://www.youtube.com/@ofhorrorsandheroes ***

Offline Luxferre

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2022, 02:41:14 PM »
Europe - Germany - Hamburg

We play „denglish“ 😁🤘🏼
Feed me! I'm hungry...

ina killatesu basma kabis sumsu

Offline Eryius

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0