Forum > Other Settings

Conversion

(1/4) > >>

croakerdogboy:
While I know that Shadowrun was not truly a Cyberpunk game as such, I did love the background and the concept. However, I hated the base system.

Several years ago my group played a lot of Cyberspace. I always wondered how much effort it would take to use Cyberspace and RMSS Standard as well as Spacemaster to convert Shadowrun to ICE rules. The shear amount of info in Shadowrun has been somewhat daunting for me to try to tackle. Has anyone else ever attempted this and what kind of success did you meet with?

lev_lafayette:
Well given that it is relatively easy to mash up Cyberspace and MERP you should have very few problems whatsoever.

If you can find it, you could end up turning the scenario 'Death Game 2090' as the start of the return of magic as well.

Allen:
Croaker... this is pretty much what I do. I've taken some of the ideas form Shadowrun and simply placed it within the mechanics of Cyberspace.
Now, I dont have magic in that game and it's more of a hybird of CS & SM2... but this sound slike what you're looking to do anyways, isnt it?
I admit my twist on the whole thing is... well it's not straight up ICE, but that's the basis for everything with the mechanics.
just wanted to toss in my 2 pence...

~A

croakerdogboy:

--- Quote ---Now, I dont have magic in that game and it's more of a hybird of CS & SM2... but this sound slike what you're looking to do anyways, isnt it?
--- End quote ---

Ironically enough in most of my fantasy settings I am in to more straight up worlds with little or no magic. Mainly because I feel like the focus on Magic Elves dancing around frying everything in sight with huge bolts of power makes me a little queasy. And the whole idea of 'mostly' dead characters being dragged to the local healer for reserection takes a lot of the suspense out of combat.... but

Funny thing, I actually like the magic in the cyberpunk genre. I feel like it helps balance the 10 empathy near cursed metal monstrosities chainsawing hapless victims. If they can be fried by a dancing elf and their huge bolt of power then that equalizes it. And since a 'mostly' dead character can also be dragged to their local machine shop for reserrection, it's already in the game. Not a lot to do but work with it.

Wōdwulf Seaxaning:
I second the idea of fusing Cyberspace with SM2 elements.Then add MERP or RMX for the fantasy elements.I actually like this idea of converting SR to cyberspace,as I too don't care much for it's base rules.I've never cared for the whole archtype & dice pools thing.I'd also see a conversion for RIFTS for use with Cyberspace/SM2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version