Forum > Website and Forum Feedback

New look

<< < (2/3) > >>

Zhaleskra:
ENWorld goes white, we go dark gray. Still it's better than a black background, ugh, the early days of personal computers.

One thing I find odd is how Laugh Points are represented by positive numbers and Idea Points by negative. I do realize this may be a function of the update, but it looks weird.

Thom @ ICE:
If you prefer the white background, on the left side menu you'll see Themes.
Select ICE Curve from the dropdown that reads BR Finale, and then click "permanent" and Change.  You'll jump to a white background theme.  I'm working on cleaning this one up (BR Finale) but once this is done, I'll hop over and update that one.

As for the Karma points (aka Laugh/Good Idea) the negatives was something that was previously coded over to use that feature in a different way.  When we upgraded the forums (for security purposes) this mod did not pass forward.  I'll see if I can figure it out as I'm playing around, but it's not a high priority right now.

The colors for the stars I'll update those shortly.

The personal uploaded images (like my own) will either come over properly with the rest of the site (as the system recognizes the folders) or they'll need for me to tweak the allowable width to permit the images to display properly.  I'll look into the latter.

Let me know if you see anything else out of whack...

By the way, I know the Unread Posts no longer sorts by Category.  That's a more complex code and I'll see if I can recreate it, but again it's not a high priority.

Thom @ ICE:
Stars are now...
green - cyan - gold
1 of each, then 2 of each, etc. up to 4
More stars = more posts
Equal # of stars, then gold has the most posts, then cyan, then green.
I'll look into doing more with it later - but at least now they are all visible.

Other stars identify other groups.

jdale:

--- Quote from: Thom @ ICE on December 21, 2012, 02:45:27 PM ---If you prefer the white background, on the left side menu you'll see Themes.
Select ICE Curve from the dropdown that reads BR Finale, and then click "permanent" and Change.  You'll jump to a white background theme.  I'm working on cleaning this one up (BR Finale) but once this is done, I'll hop over and update that one.

--- End quote ---

Cool, thanks. I had been looking for a theme option in all the wrong places...

Have not decided which I like better yet, but it's always nice to have choices.

PS: the stars and smileys all look ok in the ICE Curve theme, they just have pixelated edges in the darker theme. Probably because they were generated with a white background.

RandalThor:
Oh yeah, were did the counter go for converts or whatever they were called? You know, the one that showed how many people we have gotten to sign on to the boards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version