Forum > HARP

Cost for Spell Adders and Power Point Adders

(1/5) > >>

munchy:
Hi,
I was wondering what the prices for Spell Adders and Power Point Adders are, I can't fine those anywhere in the books.

And I've got a question about the Power Point Adders. In the HARP core text under talents it says that those PPs do not count when calculating the casting modifier, but in the example they do or am I reading wrong? (I handle it the way the example mentions it, i.e. a PP Adder reduces the penalty gained when scaling a spell.)

NicholasHMCaldwell:

--- Quote from: munchy on January 29, 2006, 12:20:58 PM ---Hi,
I was wondering what the prices for Spell Adders and Power Point Adders are, I can't fine those anywhere in the books.

--- End quote ---

Neither can I.

--- Quote ---And I've got a question about the Power Point Adders. In the HARP core text under talents it says that those PPs do not count when calculating the casting modifier, but in the example they do or am I reading wrong? (I handle it the way the example mentions it, i.e. a PP Adder reduces the penalty gained when scaling a spell.)

--- End quote ---

The character in the example needs 2 extra PPs (normal -10 penalty) due to armor. With the +1 power point adder, he only needs to add 1 extra PP of his own (hence the -5 penalty). No contradiction.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

munchy:

--- Quote from: NicholasHMCaldwell on January 29, 2006, 12:48:38 PM ---Neither can I.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, unfortunate. Any ideas from official side or from the author of "Loot"?

--- Quote from: NicholasHMCaldwell on January 29, 2006, 12:48:38 PM ---The character in the example needs 2 extra PPs (normal -10 penalty) due to armor. With the +1 power point adder, he only needs to add 1 extra PP of his own (hence the -5 penalty). No contradiction.

--- End quote ---

So, this means he would still receive -10 if he scaled up a spell by 2 PP although he has got a PP Adder. Sad and a little bit weird that it offsets the PP requirement by Armour but not by scaling.

Rasyr-Mjolnir:

--- Quote from: munchy on January 29, 2006, 01:23:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: NicholasHMCaldwell on January 29, 2006, 12:48:38 PM ---The character in the example needs 2 extra PPs (normal -10 penalty) due to armor. With the +1 power point adder, he only needs to add 1 extra PP of his own (hence the -5 penalty). No contradiction.

--- End quote ---

So, this means he would still receive -10 if he scaled up a spell by 2 PP although he has got a PP Adder. Sad and a little bit weird that it offsets the PP requirement by Armour but not by scaling.

--- End quote ---

No, it means that he would have a -10 modifier without a +1 PP Adder, and that with the PP Adder he only receives a -5 modifier for a 2PP scaling option.

mocking bird:

--- Quote from: munchy on January 29, 2006, 01:23:09 PM ---Hmm, unfortunate. Any ideas from official side or from the author of "Loot"?

--- End quote ---

From my perusings of the books the methods to figure the cost of magic items seems to be different resulting in different costs.

I would figure out how much it would be to make permanent a magestaff or holy symbol spell permanent and then up it considering it will be used by someone other than the spellcaster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version