Author Topic: So..  (Read 28610 times)

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: So..
« Reply #240 on: July 29, 2021, 11:40:17 AM »
Okay, let me check, because im pretty sure that we have a macro for it!
And that can be directly coded into "buttons"
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #241 on: July 29, 2021, 11:41:32 AM »
Okay, let me check, because im pretty sure that we have a macro for it!
And that can be directly coded into "buttons"

Yeah - what you do is build a macro in the sheet and call that macro with buttons.  It's very elegant, and I use it in my sheet.  You still do a separate downroll however.  There is no way around it unless you use API scripts or Roll20 codes the 100OE roll method into the dice roller.

I hope I am mistaken, or maybe something has changed and I missed it.

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2021, 09:52:22 AM »
This may prove useful.  I have yet to parse how it might help for open ended rolls.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10198082/now-on-dev-server-custom-roll-parsing-for-character-sheets/?pageforid=10198082#post-10198082

It looks like it now passes the rolls made to an array that you can loop through in the template.  If I got that right, we may be in business for proper d100OE rolls.

Offline Camel1918

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #243 on: April 03, 2022, 12:31:11 AM »
I know you all have been talking about Roll 20 and for years that's what I used as well. However, Foundry VTT is the direction that a program should be worked on for RMU or any of the versions. It is the one that a large portion of Roll 20 players either are switching to or have already switched to. I don't regret leaving Roll 20 with all it's limitations. Also Foundry VTT already has open up and down D100 rolling. It is the system that should be looked at for a starting place for Rolemaster.

Online Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #244 on: April 03, 2022, 09:26:48 AM »
This may prove useful.  I have yet to parse how it might help for open ended rolls.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10198082/now-on-dev-server-custom-roll-parsing-for-character-sheets/?pageforid=10198082#post-10198082

It looks like it now passes the rolls made to an array that you can loop through in the template.  If I got that right, we may be in business for proper d100OE rolls.

That's good news. For some reason that link didn't work for me (it just led to my own Roll20 home page), but I was able to see the Roll20 wiki's description here:

https://wiki.roll20.net/Custom_Roll_Parsing
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Online Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #245 on: April 03, 2022, 09:29:03 AM »
Foundry VTT already has open up and down D100 rolling. It is the system that should be looked at for a starting place for Rolemaster.

Ideally, we'd have support for both, because while I like Foundry (and my group might move to it eventually), I do find Roll20 a bit more accessible and I think it is still the most popular VTT right now by a fair margin. The Orr Group Report, for example, still looks to Roll20 for its stats.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Camel1918

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2022, 01:36:34 AM »
I agree about Foundry being a bit daunting when you first start. However for those that have started on Roll20 and have gotten into the idea of VTT and how it is suppose to work, crossing over isn't too much of a problem. There are a lot of YouTube videos out there to help new people and there is also a support board and Discord board.

I think that Roll20 really has seen its hay day and more and more players are converting over to Foundry. I can't code a bit but I know there are those out there that can and it would be nice if those in the community that could would develop content for it.
On the the other hand I don't see ICE doing much to help its self in this regard. Most of the pushing if not all is being done by it's fan base.
As for me, I'm tired of waiting on the new RMU. I'm satisfied with RMSS "what we play with". I just wish they would open it up for developers for new content modules. I've been playing for over 30 years heck since it first came out and have content for my group but I can't do anything with it as far as putting it out there for others.
For example;
Look at "Rolemaster Combat minion" a online aide which I use and depend on every other week in my game. It is a great helper and does all the heavy lifting in combat, even keeping track of all the HP, bloodloss per round, and stuns and applying crits which it looks up. The guy who developed it has been begging someone to take it over, I've seen his posts here on the board. As far as I know ICE had not done anything to help or to offer to take it over. It would only benefit them in the long run if they would because it takes a part of the game which is daunting for some people and makes it all instantaneous so play continues to run smoothly. If it goes down I'm back to having to chart look and to keeping track of everything for combat by hand. Heck the system is so nice it even keeps a record of your combat session that you can look at and review.
Sorry a bit off the topic and rambly.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2022, 09:09:46 AM »
No one at ICE has the necessary skills to take over Combat Minion. It would be great if someone were to do so, but it wouldn't help anyone if ICE took it over and then was not able to keep it running.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Online Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #248 on: April 21, 2022, 09:47:18 AM »
Would it be possible to contract it out to a third party? I have no knowledge of that business, but just thought I'd ask.

I'm currently running RMU in Roll20, and it has not been easy. More support would definitely be welcome.

Offline Camel1918

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #249 on: April 23, 2022, 04:24:30 PM »
I agree it wouldn't help if they couldn't keep it running. That is why you get someone on board to do that. They need to start thinking about all the different VTT's and how they can tap into that market. As of now I believe at least for Roll 20 and Foundry it's all fan base who is pushing things forward.
I'm sorry I'm just tired and frustrated. How long have we been waiting for the new RM? Years... and it's not even as good as what they have already put out.

Offline Camel1918

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2022, 04:35:27 PM »
Hurin,

I'm also running a RM game, but on Foundry through Forge. I have a RMFRP game that plays every other Saturday. I've been working with James who has an add on world system called GRPGA which is a generic game system. He is very willing to help get tings going on RM such as specific forms but he's also doing other systems especially "Against The DarkMaster". Good thing is that a lot of the set up things for that game can be used for RM since it is a close cousin of RM games system.