Author Topic: Halloween RPG-ing  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Halloween RPG-ing
« on: October 22, 2013, 02:10:09 AM »
Does anyone have any special Halloween themed RPGing coming up?

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Halloween RPG-ing
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 03:28:09 PM »
I tried to get one going, but no luck... *sigh*
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 03:46:51 PM »
Thought of it, but since have to work Friday, not.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 04:08:29 PM »
Every year around and on Halloween I used to run a horror adventure with my old group. We had lots of fun and I even had people tell me a few times that I "invoked" nightmares. I didn't run one this year because we currently game at a local hobby store (Lightspeed Hobbes on rt 6) and besides limited time, I couldn't set up the ambient atmosphere correctly (music, lighting, etc..). Though I did insert a little encounter to set up for next year or sometime in the future. Hopefully we will be still playing the current campaign. I am running the Cyradon starting adventures and ran a little encounter at the end of the first module.
The characters got debriefed by Grayson and went to go get some rest in the camp. They encountered a lady who was crying about something. She ran off and they followed/tracked her to her "nicely" set up clothing shop. Upon questioning her she mentioned a keepsake she had when they came through the portal and it is now missing. The characters found something that sounded like the item she described in the building of the climax of part one. But they had to go get it from the junk pile where they were debriefed. They returned to the shop only to find it was as dilapidated as the rest of the buildings and no one had been in there in eons. They made their way inside to discover everything was still in the same place it was when they first visited the place earlier, but only in a decaying state. They found a skeleton of a woman in, from what they could tell, the same clothing the lady was wearing. So they took the keepsake and attached it to it's partner on a necklace the skeleton was wearing. Then a ghost appeared behind them resembling the lady, she told them they now had her blessing for releasing her. They encountered a priest/mage type the next day who was looking for the "keepsake", he told the characters that he thinks that it was 1/2 of a holy symbol to a long lost and forgotten dark goddess. Of whom he thinks was the goddess of nightmares.

So, who did they really encounter and what did she really mean by the characters having her "blessing"?

Until next time........

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Zut

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Groupe de discussion Yahoo! sur Cyradon
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 04:23:59 PM »
Cool story, Bruce. Thanks for sharing!
What is the difference between a geek and a scientific researcher? The researcher gets paid.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 07:04:55 PM »
Teach them to do a good dead. He he.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Keen_Man

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 11:43:05 AM »
I ran the old ravenloft Night of the Walking Dead (RQ1) as a rolemaster game using the new system for a group of ppl who have never seen the module before on Halloween.

One of the best sessions ever :o

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 03:10:11 PM »
The gothic and clammy atmosphere in Ravenloft is really great. Coupled with RMs constant threat of disaster makes for a great game; I'm sure.

I really loved the way the setting was regulated from the the top down, with each lord his own realm and atmosphere. Lord Soth remained my favorite character from D&D. His path to darkness and tragedy was a deep one.
Game On!