Forum > Cyradon

A Darker Cyradon & Gryphon World

(1/5) > >>

SamwiseSeven:
I love fantasy games that have a little horror and disturbing stuff thrown in the mix to make the player's skin crawl a little.  The real feeling of dread and fear is hard to pull off in a RPG, but it is awesome when it actually happens.

I would like to see a more darker side to any new Gryphon World setting books. 

If a Belynar book comes out, that would be a good place to start.  That is a big volcano, that in my mind, is filled with all sorts of abominations and horrible things that should not be...  Nameless things, distorted and driven mad by the passage of time, and perhaps unkempt magic that sunk into their unwholesome forms.

So, more dark creepy crap would be nice.  :)

Thos:
I'll second that! Dark and creepy is great element for any game! :)

markc:
 I think it might be easy to do. As you would just have to change the basic feel a little bit. While I was waiting for GW I did run a campaign where people just appeared and they had to repopulate the area. There were of course other big bad things out there that were trying to also gain a foothold in the new place. Undead, evil elves, orcs, dragons etc. All/most had a leader or group of leaders and a plan to help there group gain in strength so they could wipe out the other groups. Or they formed pacts to protect each other if specific groups attacked them.
 It was very fun and had strait forward goals. Find food, shelter and proect your own. And if it was possible take out thoes groups who opposed you or cause you harm.

MDC     

jasonbrisbane:
Personally I think the colliseum outside of Belynar would be the ideal place for a scary adventure/campaign.
Lots of RR versus Will and Magic.

Of course I'd probably use the Options Harpers Bazaar Fear rules in it for the extra fear factor...

SamwiseSeven:
You are right, in that there are some things that can be made darker, I guess I was just meaning for new books to have more of an edge to them would be nice.

Exploring the remains of a dead city, with lots of desolation and unsolved riddles, is kind of creepy in it's own right.  Like those end of the world movies like 28 Days Later where he is walking through a city block, and nothing is moving...

In my campaign I had less arrivals, and the Ritual of Awakening I did not use.  I like desolate, and inhospitable, and a place they want to get away from... but can't for the most part.

It sounds like I'm not alone in wanting a little creep factor in future Cyradon/Gryphon World books.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version