Forum > Shadow World

Introducing new player to Shadow World

<< < (4/4)

Hurin:
Just to make clear: MisterK is right that there isn't a lot on Saralis in the Xa-ar book, but there are some maps and location descriptions. If you're not going too deep, it might be enough for you.

foilfodder:
I've spent a few days going over the Jaiman book. It has been particularly entertaining to read the suggested plot hooks and realize how many my old GM used.

Thanks for all the input!

RandalThor:

--- Quote from: foilfodder on February 22, 2022, 09:10:20 AM ---I am going to keep the players mostly in the central part of Jaiman: Rhaakhan, U-Lyshaak maybe including some of the Zor waste, and Sarlis. I'm planning on purchasing Jaiman Land of Twilight.  Since I'm not including Emer or other continents what content in the World Atlases makes you recommend them?

Also, we're using HARP rules instead of Rolemaster. So not quite as high a learning curve as RMSS, but close enough conversions for the GM (me) won't be difficult.

--- End quote ---
If you are setting it here, then I suggest you get Tales from the Green Gryphon Inn. It is set in Rhakhaan and can be used as a great base of operations as well as a way to kick off the campaign by using one (or more) of the adventures within.

Also, if you are thinking about using the adventure from the Jaiman book, Cult of the Third Moon, pm me. I have worked on the maps a bit to make some usable for VTT because I have also been thinking about running a SW campaign, but using RMFRP - though HARP is an idea.

katastrophe:
I beleive there is a player's guide to Jaiman which should be an interesting read for players so they have some basic knowledge of the areas in the campaign and some of the history.

RM is not an adventure intense game like D&D Pathfinder etc in that they are few and far between.  Most are pretty simple hooks, singular encounters. The Tales of the Loremasters are nice fill ins, the Grand Campaign though incomplete I believe is playable with some work. The adventures in the Norek book are interesting though they are relatively quick to play through. The Jaiman "campaign" is decent but really needs to be filled in with lots of other adventures, particularly since that is really written for characters in the 5-7 range.

The Hailkitain Book is a good filler as well.

I would suggest getting all the books and reading them while putting together a campaign because there are lots of elements going on across the books that could be woven together into a single campaign with PCs traveling from Norek to Halkitain and finally to U'leshak to help the Price regain his thrown, which will bring the PCs into the lair of Sulthun. But it really has to all be read and strung together to not feel like a bunch of disparate adventures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version