Forum > Order of the Iron Crown

How do you help spread the word?

(1/3) > >>

Bruce:
I am really excited about the upcoming release of RMU. I am going to try and push this game on a new set of players that will probably include some of my old group.
In the meantime I have been promoting both HARP and RM in a low key way. I belong to several RPG groups on FB and whenever someone asks a question that I think is done better in RM i indicate so. One recently was about alignments and I posted a response that dealt with the personality list from one of the older RM books, I could only find it in the RMFRP character law but I know it is in the 1st ed of RM. I unfortunately do not have a copy of that book so far.
Just recently someone had asked something akin to how to handle high level characters and should encounters get increasingly difficult. Here is my response: "In Rolemaster and HARP it matters not how high level or how powerful you are, any encounter can be deadly. Deaths are more from criticals than from HP loss. So no matter how difficult the encounter one's life is always at risk."

This started me wondering; How are the other fans and members of the Order of the Iron Crown spreading the word?

Hurin:
I'm hoping to do a bit more to promote it on the ENWorld forums. They have a large audience (for an RPG site).

Several of us also participate in The Rolemaster Blog:
www.rolemasterblog.com

Peter R:
I started the rolemaster blog, I also blog on http://www.stargazersworld.com which is a general rpg blog but I keep the RM flag flying.

I frequently comment on rpg blogs and I put out a RM fanzine.

My blog has a small Facebook following and stargazers has a pretty big g+ group attached to it.

Bruce:

--- Quote from: Hurin on September 04, 2017, 01:53:21 PM ---I'm hoping to do a bit more to promote it on the ENWorld forums. They have a large audience (for an RPG site).

Several of us also participate in The Rolemaster Blog:
www.rolemasterblog.com

--- End quote ---
Enworld used to be nothing more than D&D and Pathfinder gamers. But I am finding there are now more gamers that play a variety of games.

--- Quote from: Peter R on September 04, 2017, 04:23:20 PM ---I started the rolemaster blog, I also blog on http://www.stargazersworld.com which is a general rpg blog but I keep the RM flag flying.

I frequently comment on rpg blogs and I put out a RM fanzine.

My blog has a small Facebook following and stargazers has a pretty big g+ group attached to it.

--- End quote ---
You know I have been there in the past but keep forgetting about that blog. It has some interesting stuff every so often.

On that note Facebook has loads of potential converts. But so many of them are so set in their ways that even mentioning a different system closes them up.  The level of people that will listen as opposed to those that will interject what they "think" you are saying is really low. But I still have to try. Facebook has some great potential for finding converts, as long as one can get them to listen.....lol.

Peter R:
If you want to sidestep to old negative attitudes do not talk about previous versions. Talk about the new upcoming version. The nay sayers have never played it so they have no valid opinion.

You can tease them with how cool it is but not give details because of the NDA.

You could tell them about RMU but then you would have to kill them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version