Author Topic: Icons for my character tool (SMRM2 CharMaker)  (Read 2048 times)

Offline TerryTee

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Icons for my character tool (SMRM2 CharMaker)
« on: March 23, 2010, 03:20:41 AM »
Hi.
I'm working on an updated version of SMRM2 CharMaker (Excel character tool in the Vault). When I got Excel 2007 I realized that the menus in the current version of the SMRM2 CharMaker are not very user friendly (they are fine in older Excel versions), so I've been working on a new graphic menu.

I'm attaching a picture with a bunch of icons. These are my menu buttons. (If you can't see it then it has not been approved yet.)

I'd like some input on how well you think they illustrate the functional description provided with each button. I'd appreciate feedback and suggestions for making them better and/or more intuitive.

Currently I'm the least satisfied with the Spell Lists button (nr 13). Suggestions for an image/icon to illustrate this?
I'm also uncertain about the main character dialogue (nr 1). It's supposed to be a character sheet, but…

Thanks,
-Terry

Offline TerryTee

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Icons for my character tool (SMRM2 CharMaker)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 09:00:58 AM »
Ok, the icons hare now visible. They are a little larger here then in the Excel tool, so they may seem a little jagged.

-Terry

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 07:41:47 AM »
Actually I think they all work. I do find them flat and blue.  :P But hey, they are practical and that's what counts.  ;)

Offline TerryTee

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 04:24:54 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
Since you mentioned it I tried making them a little less flat, but they are so small that I can't really manage it (1 pixel wide lines…). I guess I don't have enough Ranks in my Photoshop skill. I do have a rollover and a downpressed version that makes them a little more lively.

As for blue. Well, they sort of need a color, and I didn't want different colors to in order to avoid a rainbow effect. I just settled on blue.
 -Terr