Author Topic: Looking for gamers in the Greeneville Tn area  (Read 4043 times)

Offline Bearclaw

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Looking for gamers in the Greeneville Tn area
« on: February 01, 2010, 05:37:21 PM »
  Hi friends

I'm located in Greeneville Tennessee, I have a local gaming group, but we can all meet so randomly, yup reallife bites.  I'm looking to either join a second group, or hopefully add to the guys I game with now.  The more the merrier right?
  Currently the only games we are regularly playing is my world of darkness/vampire the masquerade game.  But we have at least two other gms in the group who are running dungeons and dragons, mostly 4e currently.
  I can run games, but would really like to play sometimes, to decompress.  I have several games ranging from the world of darkness series by White Wolf, through Palladium's RIFTS settings, to Rolemaster2 and classic, as well as the ubiquitous Dungeons and Dragons, as well as several miscellaneous settings for it.
  I prefer table top, but am willing to try either an Mirc or other messenger based game.  Sorry but play by post or play by email Ive had too many bad experiences with.
  The group I play with are all mature gamers, myself and my girlfriend included, I think her daughter  and her boygriend are the youngest players at 17, and would prefer to stay with at least mature emotionally players.  I mean no disrespect, but I'm not looking to babysit or spend my game sessions arguing.  If your local and want to try drop me a line and we can see what works for everyone.

Thanks
Bc

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Looking for gamers in the Greeneville Tn area
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 07:10:59 PM »
Almost close enough.... In the NC, Hickory area myself. While it isn't that far... it's a bit far for weekly driving.  I've got 7 players and we meet 1/mth. I'd love to do something more frequent. We should keep each other in mind though..
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:46:52 PM »
Prov -
I hit Hickory area about 1-2 times per year.  I'll give you a heads up next time I am on my way...
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »
groovy!
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:30:40 AM »
Bearclaw, I am in Knoxville and will be starting a Shadowrun 4e game tonight (yeah, a little too short notice, sorry). But if you are interested and willing to drive you are more than welcome, as well as one of your friends.

I might be willing to drive out that way (I go to the VA Hospital in Johnson City sometimes so I have been out that way some) for a good RM game (would prefer RM Classic to RM2, but they are basically the same) as I have not been able to play RM in quite a while.

Also, if Shadowrun doesn't seem to take off, I will try to convert these guys to RMC. Here's to hoping. YUou can email me directly or PM me, just check out my profile, I think I left my email address there. I don't have internet at home so I won't be able to check it until tomorrow when I go to work.

No matter what we play, the games will be irregular (likely one every tswo weeks) and change days as my schedule changes month-to-month. Let me know if you are interested.

Rand
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.