Author Topic: The RMSS Spell Law Hardcover I got  (Read 3603 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: The RMSS Spell Law Hardcover I got
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 12:41:07 PM »
The SPAM book clearly has a usability issue.

It was done on a sheetfeed press long ago and that sheet probably went through twice somehow.  It just happens but I don't check every single book like that even now.  Just too many go through and errors are pretty uncommon.
:)
 I do not think anyone has the man power to check every page of every book. But maybe if you can use Chinese Prison Labor you could get the job done. Or I have heard that elementary schools in China again do school projects creating fireworks to raise $ for there schools. Again maybe you could cut a deal to have all of the books looked over by them.
 As a side note just think of the new market! RM China. Now there is a customer base for you.
End  :)
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »
Hi Mark - I'm very unlucky to be cursed with plenty of cluster headaches and migraines and the funky printing does me no favours. :(

I agree. When I first looked at it I was recovering from my second back surgery and I thought I was having a reaction to the meds instead of a printing problem. I quickly sat down because I was starting to feel dizzy.
 But I go my new book as well as the PDF so I can do what I need to do. And sometimes I do go to the crazy pages just for fun.

Also an important note for the SM:P book. A lot of the tables were miss printed so you need to download the corrected copies from the vault.
MDC   
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline ICEBruce

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 01:23:14 PM »
no email in my system sigh

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 02:12:51 PM »
no email in my system sigh

Really? :(
2 email addresses and to Tim too. Did you get it Tim?

I'll PM you the email text and the image attached in my post previously was just a smaller version of the one in the email anyway so I'll leave that one out (unless you'd like to see the larger unabridged version?)

Thanks.
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline ICEBruce

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 02:14:18 PM »
Checked my spam filters and two emails were there

thanks

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 02:15:08 PM »
I got it, and have forwarded it to Bruce (just got back from taking wife to doctor).

Walked in door not 3 minutes ago... hehe

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 02:19:43 PM »
I got it, and have forwarded it to Bruce (just got back from taking wife to doctor).

Ach - too late Tim, a large PM to Bruce has already begun it's journey. :P
(and I hope it's nothing serious)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline thiha

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Peace
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2009, 09:12:15 PM »
Thanks for all of your comments to my posts.

-------------------
To Bruce & Rasyr:

Thank you very much for clarifying the replacement issue.
And my apologies for misunderstanding, and for overestimating the current ICE's manpower.

Bruce wrote:
>Thiha used some method to send me the photos that cost him $75 too which was just amazing but I gave him a gift certificate to cover that.
>Given that bandwidth is pretty darn cheap some vendor in Japan really sticks it to people.

I would't have sent those large photos if I had known the packet transfer communication cost me that much, but sending those photos without knowing it was my own fault. And the gift certificate ICE/Bruce gave me to cover the loss was totally amazing. Thank you again.

Considering the expensive cost to mail international packages and the amount of manpower ICE can assign to deal with customer inquiries and problem fixing activities, I think now the best resolution should have been: (1)  Customer (me) reports the mis-printing issue simply by email, and send smaller images of the examples if requested in reply, (2) ICE refund the charge partially (like $7-9) as the first and final resolution, expecting the time and cost for a replacement would be too much to get a speedy and reasonable settlement. But it's merely my personal opinion.

One, but not least, of the reasons why I unfortunately misunderstood your good intentions and got upset this time must be from the cultural differences between US and Japan that I overlooked.  In Japan, where I'm from, most of the merchants think they should never make customers feel being dealt with low priority. And customers expect the very thing from merchants, too.  I can imagine how the Japanese customers react, or easily get upset, even if they are fan-based, to a merchant who makes them wait for one year because of being "low end." So, I guess it was an unfortunate misunderstanding.

-------------------
To LordMiller &  Rasyr

Thanks for your kind help on how to post images.  I've realised that I tried to upload them from my desktop in a wrong way.  And the image that Rasyr kindly re-uploaded in his post for me was actually stored in a URL where I had to be logging in while manipulating, so I guess the image's not showing up after I logged off the area.  I should've chosen other URLs to upload from. My mistake...sigh.

-------------------
To OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
>you waited one full year before contacting I.C.E. again?

I sent several reminders while waiting, but I didn't realize that my case was treated as a low end problem.
Now I'm considering myself as was (unlucky + nitpicky + normally patient + upset) ÷4.

-------------------
To craggles
Good-luck for your replacement!