Author Topic: Stunned Maneuver Skill  (Read 3673 times)

Offline arnecooper

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Stunned Maneuver Skill
« on: July 30, 2009, 10:44:17 PM »
Okay, another question. Does a successful "stunned maneuver" roll allow an otherwise stunned combatant to make an attack?

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Stunned Maneuver Skill
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 11:21:53 PM »
IIRC, The Stunned Maneuver skill bonus is added to any Maneuver roll while stunned.
IMO, You need every bit of it when trying to do anything while stunned.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline Skarsgard

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 03:38:52 AM »
The stunned manouver skill is there to offset the -50 penalty from being stunned.

Stun removal can get rid of stun.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 10:04:10 AM »
Which version are you referring too?  At one point stun maneuvering included being able to remove stun as well as the maneuver penalty - as in RMSS.  Other versions have a stunn maneuver and a separate stun removal skill - as I believe in RMFRP.  Not sure how it was in RM2 or RMC - might depend on which optional rules you are using.  I think stun maneuver/removal is perhaps the most house ruled skill/rule that there is.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline arnecooper

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 07:10:43 PM »
I am using RM2. On page 40 of the Rolemaster Companion 2 it says, "Bonus for orientation roll that has to be made each time you wish to perform ANY ACTION while stunned..........A result of 101+ allows the individual to perform any action." I guess that would include attacking?

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 08:45:49 AM »
I wish I knew RM2 better...
But that sounds like if you roll high enough (with the bonus) you can do any maneuver no matter what the penalty.  I don't think know if that is the same as combat in RMC.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline Moriarty

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 10:11:13 AM »
I am using RM2. On page 40 of the Rolemaster Companion 2 it says, "Bonus for orientation roll that has to be made each time you wish to perform ANY ACTION while stunned..........A result of 101+ allows the individual to perform any action." I guess that would include attacking?
Yes, of course it includes attacking.
However, if you use table 11.2 from that book you need a result of 111+ to get a round with full normal action.
79-90 gets you 1/4 normal action, and 91-110 gets you 1/2 normal action.
...the way average posters like Moriarty read it.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 12:25:19 AM »
Okay, another question. Does a successful "stunned maneuver" roll allow an otherwise stunned combatant to make an attack?
I am using RM2. On page 40 of the Rolemaster Companion 2...

The answer to your original question then is "yes". Yes, a successful roll allowed for a stunned character to attack.

Offline Dark Schneider

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • El único, genial e inimitable Dark Schneider.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 08:40:42 AM »
But then I suppose you have the stun penalties, because is not the same than stun removal, that is use only half OB.

Offline Steve_990

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 12:13:34 AM »
Not really following the rules but I like to allow Stunned Maneuver rolls to allow you to move as if unstunned, but you still have all the negatives.

Being an amatuer MMA fighter I can definately atest to being 'stunned' from blows and having the skill to move around and still act.

One of my fellow fight gym members was actually KO'd in a fight he had. He was knocked out for a split second and bounced back up and attempted to take down his opponent. He was then pushed off and kocked out again. He only remembered the first KO, but had the knowledge to fly on autopilot.:)

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 07:50:17 AM »
That's good to know Steve_990.
And it makes sense.. :)