Author Topic: Comas  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Steve_990

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Comas
« on: July 07, 2009, 06:59:53 PM »
Real quick question(s)...

How do you deal with Comas? What healing magic do you need to heal one? I looked in the RMC healing section (albeit quickly) last session I ran after a player was comatose from a dark bolt to the face and didn't see anything off the bat.

Is there a specific reference for dealing with this injuries in RMC/RM2?

Thanks!

Steve.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Comas
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 07:56:14 PM »
In RM2, there are two ways.
1) Have a masoch-Healer transfer the coma into himself, then cast Brain Repair,
2) Have a Lay Healer cast a Minor Brain Repair.

The latter explicitely mentions including recovery from coma, while the former is a more powerful version of the latter so should be able to do the same as well.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Steve_990

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 10:00:51 AM »
Exactly what I needed! Thanks!

Offline kreider204

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 10:17:22 AM »
In RM2, there are two ways.
1) Have a masoch-Healer transfer the coma into himself, then cast Brain Repair,
2) Have a Lay Healer cast a Minor Brain Repair.

The latter explicitely mentions including recovery from coma, while the former is a more powerful version of the latter so should be able to do the same as well.
Isn't it hard to cast spells if you're in a coma?
;D

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »
They're supposedly cast subconsciously, watch out for fighters who have lost arms though, healer casts the transference ways spell and the arms fall off. Does that give a no free hands penalty ;)

Personally I've never liked the channeling healer as a class. OK perhaps for npcs but not reccommended by me for pcs.
And when one dreams dark dreams dark days shall follow

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 01:15:34 PM »
Personally I've never liked the channeling healer as a class. OK perhaps for npcs but not reccommended by me for pcs.
I've always thought one needs to be quite masochist in order to become a Healer~
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 02:58:11 PM »
In one game the PCs didn't realise that one of their number was in a coma, they thought he had been turned into undead...so... they promptly through the unfortunate character on a pyre.
And when one dreams dark dreams dark days shall follow