Author Topic: Bestial Races BMR  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Umpteenth

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Bestial Races BMR
« on: January 25, 2010, 03:54:16 PM »
Our group is starting a new campain and one of our players is interested in role a Centaur. In the books we have I've found the stats for a player character centaur and the centaur as a monster itself but i couldn't find the chart for their BMR calculation based on Height and Quickness. Is there such a thing and i missed or should I as GM build up something likewise?
~Ump!

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
Re: Bestial Races BMR
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 04:35:58 PM »
If you have Cyradon, you could maybe get by using the Gryphon charts.
Otherwise, use your best judgment...
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline Karizma

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 05:20:47 PM »
Our group is starting a new campain and one of our players is interested in role a Centaur. In the books we have I've found the stats for a player character centaur and the centaur as a monster itself but i couldn't find the chart for their BMR calculation based on Height and Quickness. Is there such a thing and i missed or should I as GM build up something likewise?
Couldn't you just use the BMR of horses?

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 05:44:57 PM »
Now why didn't I think of that? :P
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline John Duffield

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Life often teaches what we don't want to learn
    • Ennyn
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 05:45:30 PM »
I have a set of custom rules which handles all forms of BMR - it is used for creatures but will work in your case.

You can download it here -> Creature Rules
My website : Ennyn

Offline Umpteenth

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »
If you have Cyradon, you could maybe get by using the Gryphon charts.
Otherwise, use your best judgment...

I don't think it would be really similar, you know... Gryphons do fly. I have the Cyradon but i didn't really like the world itself so i didn't even though about look for any info in there. I will when i get home. Maybe worth the shot.

Couldn't you just use the BMR of horses?

That was my first thought to be honest. It would be something between 16 and 20, according to different horse types, than i thought it was just to wide to represent and, unfair with the other players that roll random heights and that are directly linked to their BMR.

So i came with something like that, I've dug my old Rolemaster material and got the Centaur height at 6'6" and 7'4", I'm used to metric system but, if not mistaken, would be result a base (medium) height of 6'11". which would give him 12 BMR + Qu Mod. Since their also Quadrupeds i though about doubling the Qu BMR bonus.

I fact i think that might work but before state that as a rule, i came check if someone would have a better idea, a chart elsewhere i could have missed when passed my eyes over the books or even an "official ruling" for that.

I have a set of custom rules which handles all forms of BMR - it is used for creatures but will work in your case.

You can download it here -> Creature Rules
I've checked your post, seems to me you have a lot of work to come up with that material, i could check if it work for me but than i realized that i don't know the BL of a centaur just their Height.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. =D

~Ump!

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 09:21:24 AM »
I was thinking just a little slower than horses.. same diff.

Related to movement.. what about their Con mods?

What kind of Exh would a centaur have?
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"