Author Topic: DB, Shield & Parry questions  (Read 4675 times)

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
Re: DB, Shield & Parry questions
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 08:05:48 AM »
A quick question on the subject, I've looked over some of the elements and I like the Armour by the Piece and the new combat tables.

I know some people have expressed a dislike to the single crit table but I think it works well with the mods for the type of crit etc. Out of interest, if you wanted to stick with the previous crit tables for FRP, do they still work in a balanced way with the new condensed combat attack tables in CC? (I've not gone through and studied the different results myself yet). The only thing that I don't like is the results to the crit are in the description text and not separate and easy to pick out like the FRP with the symbols for bleeding, stunned etc - but this is only a minor point.

I'm eager to jump in and outfit everyone with some new armour and use the new attack tables but I have one question (so far anyway) :P

Are the use of combat styles required in order to use the new AT and Attack tables or can they be added in at a later date? I've not looked in detail at that sort of thing and I've had my MAC for several years and I've not brought the Combat Styles from that either. (my 2 daughter's are now playing and that'll add a little too much complication for the moment)

Thanks. :)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 08:54:48 AM »
1) Using Arms Law Crits with CC -- The thing to remember is that the crit tables i Arms Law are generic, and that their flavor text won't always match up with the weapon being used. You will also have to select which table to use for each Weapon Group. For many, this will be relatively simple, just go with the most common type of crit found on the Arms Law tables for the given weapons.

2) Using the CC Attack Tables without Styles -- not a problem. The CC attack tables are required ONLY for the Armor by the Piece rules, not for the combat style.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 09:09:33 AM »
Excellent! I'll slip in the new attack tables once I've worked out everyone's armour types.
(I shall leave the Combat Styles for now and add them once all the players are comfortable with the general rules of the game)

Thanks.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 05:04:54 AM »
Just another quick question on the CC - Will there be an extra document listing the bonuses to the CC attack tables of weapons that were released in the Armoury and the Fantasy Weapons products for RMFRP (or should I guestimate it from the current attack tables)?

Thanks

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 07:22:35 AM »
guesstimate it from the current tables.  ;D

Currently there are no plans for such. However, you could always create one and submit it for an issue of Express Additions.....  :D

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 07:46:05 AM »
Thanks - I'll look into the relative bonuses for the extra weapons we use compared to the already converted ones. I think we're using a lot of (if not all of) the Armoury and Fantasy Weapon tables with the exception of the Asian weapons. I've wanted to keep my campaign world in a LOTR type fantasy world (otherwise I'd end up having ninjas and samurai all over the place).

I've not got my books in front of me at the moment but if there's only a few asian blades, I'll (try and) convert them all.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 09:20:48 AM »
Hi Tim

I just received your reply to this topic summarised in the email alert - but on coming to this page, I noticed that your reply hasn't shown up. The Weapon table alts look simple enough - I just hope I can keep them all on the same page (which is a nice thing to have).

I shall be jumping onto the weapon tables just as soon as I've figured out where the various AR bonuses and penalties need to go in the excel character sheet I have. It handily sorts out all the AT stuff without me needing to worry about it but trying to change whole thing to ARs is going to be a fiddly process.  :-\
I should have put more ranks into microsoft office and less ranks into design.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »
Yet another question - I can't seem to find where the Armour Missile Penalties are for these new ARs.

Have they been removed and instead, we only have the one Master Maneuver penalty for all MMs and all OBs (inc Missile OBs)?

...and does this master MMP get to be applied at triple it's value for the swimming skill still?

Thanks.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 03:04:57 PM »
Have they been removed and instead, we only have the one Master Maneuver penalty for all MMs and all OBs (inc Missile OBs)?

Correct.

...and does this master MMP get to be applied at triple it's value for the swimming skill still?

if that is what the Swimming skill says, then yes.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 03:13:37 PM »
Excellent - Thanks Tim, my corrections to the Excel sheet have gone well! I maybe starting the Weapon options tomorrow.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 07:41:06 AM »
I've updated my random item generator to include the new types of armour instead of the previous ATs. I've decided that it'd be easier to redo some of the characters with my new Excel template as remembering which bits I've changed on this already heavily edited sheet would be problematic at best.

Then I'll start on the weapons. :)

Annoyingly, I'd just instigated the optional rule in Character Law last week regarding the upkeep and repair of armour (CL111). I'd worked everyone's out (with the price of the AT as well including all cost multipliers due to bonuses) and had lots of little check boxes on their sheets so they could put a line in each box for the armour damage and crits.

I suppose the only way around this with the AR system would be to add up all the different components and treat it as 1 suit (even though it's made up of multiple parts) as treating each part separately would be a logistical nightmare. :(
(also, the base armour endurance would be 100xAR instead of the current 50xAT as there's only 10ARs and 20ATs)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 07:54:21 AM »
 Yes IMO you could track each piece for damage if you had a system to define hit location with every strike. The big problem here is again that non-human monsters do not quite map over to the human hit location chart.
 But you could always fake it like a few of mt GM's. For example they would take into account how many crits and what type of crits for animal/magical creatures pelts and how much they were worth. One time they even did this when we were sent out to collect troll parts for some potion or ritual. One of the PC's hit it with some spell and rolled a 100 or some other ungodly crit and completely destroyed the troll. So we had to find another one to harvest the needed parts.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 09:31:51 AM »
I just realised - the CC doesn't have a Slaying or Holy options.

I can see that the Large, Super Large and Huge crits have a modifier for the Crit roll. Could the Slaying and Holy crits be modified in such a way (if so, what would you suggest)? Or should I continue to use both those Crit tables from the current RMFRP tables?

Thanks.