Author Topic: RMSS/ MRFRP Comparison  (Read 2329 times)

Offline sulkow82

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • The truth is subversive.
RMSS/ MRFRP Comparison
« on: July 29, 2009, 06:52:11 PM »
I'm familiar with the old versions of Rolemaster.  (RMSS was my favorite).  However, the resurrection of I.C.E. is still relatively new news to me.  How does RM: FRP differ from RMSS.  How much of the old RMSS compatible stuff is available in the store side of this website?
...formerly known as Kantron.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMSS/ MRFRP Comparison
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 08:00:27 PM »
 The main difference between RMSS and RMFRP is just orginizational and the books are compatible across both lines. I tend to like the main RMSS books over the RMFRP but that is just me; as well as I like Spell Law in one book and not 3.

Does that help or do you have any more questions?
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »
Other than organizational, RMSS and RMFRP are approximately 95%-98% identical to one another. RMFRP essentially fixed some errata when they re-organized things.

If the old ICE had not rebranded it and changed the trade dress, you could call it the same system.  ;D As it is, the common method of referring to either and/or both is RMSS/FRP which means that we (the current ICE) consider it close enough to call it the same system.

Offline Temujin

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 12:58:05 AM »
Basically, yeah, the main books are reorganized, and RMFRP has a few new books to complement previous RMSS products.