Author Topic: TPs and TP spell lists, errata?  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Dark Schneider

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • El único, genial e inimitable Dark Schneider.
TPs and TP spell lists, errata?
« on: February 14, 2009, 03:39:18 AM »
In books, usually we can read for TPs that give us spells, 'Open own realm', but I think that is an errata or, in any case, non-appropiated.

IMO, a list obtained by TP is always a TP list, and its realm is not going to change for that, so if a magician learns necromancy with the necromancer TP, the list is yet from channeling.

We have a cost for 'other realm TP spell list' that is never used.

From beginning, we use that a spell list obtained from TP is a TP list, so if it is your realm or not, you use the appropiated DP cost, but always as TP list.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: TPs and TP spell lists, errata?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:54:21 AM »
 Yes in the EC, MC and I think the CC they all give the costs for developing other realm TP spell lists. This DP cost is much lower than learning an other realm open list or a other realm2 open list, etc.

1) It has been a while but I think the cost is 8 DP for other realm TP list.
2) Also IMO if a player had received a open or closed spell list from a TP I would rule that these are not TP spell lists. To me a TP spell list is one that has a theme tied to the skills in the list. For example the Animal Friend TP may give the spell list Animal Bonding and that would be a TP spell list. But if I took the Adventure TP and chose Light Law that would not be a TP spell list IMO.

MDC

Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Dark Schneider

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • El único, genial e inimitable Dark Schneider.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 04:07:23 AM »
1) It has been a while but I think the cost is 8 DP for other realm TP list.
2) Also IMO if a player had received a open or closed spell list from a TP I would rule that these are not

Yes, the cost is 8/8 for other, and 4/4/4 for own.

And for point 2, that's right, I forgot to mention it that is only for spell list associated to the TP obviously. Those Tps that give us spells in that way (like adventurer) is really as developing our own spell lists but saving DPs like with other skills obtained by TP.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 04:47:18 AM »
 If you use the Arcane Companion I have used the other spell list cost for learning spell lists from essence, channeling or mentalism spells. And sometime a player really wants some channeling healing spells for his essence user so I would use the DP cost there or design a special TP that would reduce the cost by 75% and he could take that.
 NOTE:On the above option I the GM make the TP only if it is relevant in the game. I do not create a TP just so the player can get a discount on a spell list. An example might be a warrior mage guild teaches some members that arts of healing as in battle people get hurt and the guild wants to get them back into action as fast as possible. So I would create a TP that allwed essence warrior mages to learn the channeling healing lists. I might also design a paladin warrior mage like profession for those types of people in which it was easier for them to learn the healing arts.

Another option would be to create some type of talent that specific PC's could buy to reduce the cost of specific spell lists. IMO this should be a high amount and the talent may only be good for a specific range of affects. For Example a warrior mage has passed the tests of empathy with another which means that they can spend 50 DP to learn X spell list as Y DP per rank to a max rank of Z. If they pass another test they may spend 50 DP to learn X spell list at Y per rank to Z+F rank. This is almost like the RM2 spell list acquisition rolls and list type picks. But IMO it could be adapted to the system above fairly easily.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.