Author Topic: Powers & Perils to RMSS?  (Read 4211 times)

Offline jdrakeh

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Powers & Perils to RMSS?
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 02:45:21 PM »
I have P&P.  The rules are poorly written but I thought it had some neat ideas.

I have all of the boxed sets now and I'm not convinced that the content is so much poorly written as it is poorly organized (something that I have found to be true of the RMSS core book, as well).

Insofar as the system goes, it's pretty straightforward in terms of actual explanation. I'd actually say that it's far more consistent than AD&D ever was (most notably, P&P at least attempts to provide rules for lots of things that AD&D left entirely up to fiat).

About two years ago the fansite was still quite active with many portions of the rules being clarified, added-on to and re-balanced.

There are roughly 14 pages of errata spread across the P&P line which, honestly, puts a lot of modern game lines to shame (not RMSS, though) ;) All said, I'm pretty satisfied with my purchases. I think I'll probably end up trying to run P&P as its own game and run RMSS with my own homebrew setting, instead.

Offline lev_lafayette

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 09:03:46 PM »
I actually like P&P if you're willing to take the time to implement the many fan corrections needed to the many out of whack rules and balances that existed in the core books.

Are you interested in playing? I run a P&P PBeM; PM if you're interested.
RPG Review. Free 'zine. Worth reading.
My livejournal.

Offline Hawkwind

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 10:23:22 PM »
I never owned the P&P ruleset, but I have the Perilous Lands setting and the Tower of the Dead box set. I like the detail in the setting, and I used it for some adventures I wrote for AD&D2 back in the early 90s. I didn't really bother to do a conversion on any of the major NPCs, I just recreated them.

Hawk