Author Topic: RMSS Combat Companion Armour Skill Costs  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
RMSS Combat Companion Armour Skill Costs
« on: November 21, 2008, 07:14:34 AM »
Hi again!

Back with a thought that occured to me when we where converting the groups current RMSS characters to the AbtP-rules in Combat Companion.  :o

Now that the Armor skill is combined progression, shouldn't the costs be higher (double) since you no longer have spend DPs on the category?  :P
Or is the add 1 to cost rule on page 29 supposed to cover this?

This seems to be the rule of thumb on the other Combined Progression Skills they have way higher DP costs than the ones with standard progression.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMSS Combat Companion Armour Skill Costs
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 08:19:24 AM »
The armor costs were determined by Heike, my boss, so I cannot speak to her reasons for pricing them the way she did (I fully agree with and support that pricing though, and I can discuss my reasons). I think that it is also important to point out that neither Heike nor myself were involved in the creation of RMSS/FRP, so it is also quite likely that we have different ideas about the "rules of thumb" than they did.  :D

Onwards........

Personally, I don't think that they are too high. I do think that some of the costs for other skills are too high, and I do think that doubling the DPs (from RM2 to RMSS) when the number of skills was increased 3x or more a more problematic issue at the very least.

By having the costs as they are does have the benefit of freeing up DPs to be spent elsewhere.  ;D

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: RMSS Combat Companion Armour Skill Costs
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 10:58:27 AM »
Personally, I don't think that they are too high. I do think that some of the costs for other skills are too high, and I do think that doubling the DPs (from RM2 to RMSS) when the number of skills was increased 3x or more a more problematic issue at the very least.

By having the costs as they are does have the benefit of freeing up DPs to be spent elsewhere.  Grin

Yeah happened to agree with that, so I kept the current cost as it is. My players need all the help they can get with me as a GM   :whip:

But just had to ask!   :book2: