Author Topic: Combat Style: Additional Attack and other maneuvers?  (Read 4434 times)

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Combat Style: Additional Attack and other maneuvers?
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 12:04:59 PM »
On a side note, I'm a little confused by the "-1 OB for each -1%". Does this mean if I spend 75% to make my attack, there's a -25 to my attack? And if I spend 50%, there's a -50? (But I could potentially make 2 attacks under normal rules?)

Yes. Any action has a requires Activity Percentage. Some actions can be performed over a range of percentages. However, if less than the maximum amount is use, then the character receives -1 to his OB for each 1% short of the maximum percentage, the character receives -1 to OB (or to other maneuvers performed).

So, if a character makes a 25% activity move and then a 75% activity attack, he receives a -25 to his OB.

As for taking a -50 to get a second attack, the core rules normally only allow a single attack roll per round (be it melee, missile, or spell). There are exceptions built into the system though for TWC, and so forth (as explained in Arms Law.

If you ask for a ruling, I would say no to 2 attacks at -50 each without using styles or twc or something along those lines that will allow for such.

Offline shnar

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 07:10:38 PM »
We were reviewing this with the players and one question came up. How does Paired Weapon Attack work with some of the maneuvers? It's not an additional attack, just an additional crit. Can a player use Paired Attack in conjunction with say, Defensive Block or Sacrifice Strike?

And speaking of Paired Weapon, one question came up as to why such a maneuver wasn't available to weapons that weren't "identical"? Some players were stating some Viking styles use an axe and a sword, and there are some "dependant" strikes (like axe and sword crossing over for the one head-chop attack).

-shnar

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 07:40:26 PM »
Paired Weapon -- does an additional critical of one severity less than rolled. Essentially, it is two weapons used in conjunction to make a single attack. You can use any Special Maneuvers with it, however, when doing so, you do not get a second critical (i.e. you give up the special ability of this option to use a Special Maneuver).

As for why there isn't a melee option that allows for different weapons - that would be because we didn't think of it. For different weapons, you have the other option which gives you TWC.

You could add another option to allow for using different weapons in tandem like this. However, you would have to have a primary and secondary weapon, to decide which one supplies the extra critical.