Author Topic: Orks  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Orks
« on: October 31, 2008, 03:24:07 PM »
Making an Warhammer campaign using RMC. Yea, I dont like the rules which comes with it.

Anyways, orcs in Warhammer are big and bad. Really hard hitters and has this unique realm of magic called WAAAGH!!!

I got to thinking about the Guild Companion article Strange Magic http://www.guildcompanion.com/scrolls/2008/oct/strangemagics.html and based on those ideas I created WAAAGH! for RMC

Each orc starts with his Co bonus in WAAAGH! points which he can use to activate his Orky boss powers. He gains new points for different actions (1pt per 10 pts of hits taken, 1pt per 10 pts of hits given, 3 pts for downing an enemy, 5 pts for killing an enemy).

Bosses
Because the bigger an orc the harder he is to kill I want to give the bosses something extra and here I am thinking about Self Healing from Open Mentalism. The lvl on this list is the points of WAAAGH!! it costs to activate.

Note this is not spellcasting per se as we know it, so figured it should work as Mentalism. Orky shaman would have more than one list to cast from but their PP would work the same way.

What do you think??
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Orks
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 09:18:26 PM »
Well you need to restat them.

I'd say OB 60me, 30msl, and around 100 hits, action quickness would be slow

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 01:34:04 AM »
If you're going to do the greenskins, then you need to show the skavens some love.  The rats rock!
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 03:33:28 AM »
Got the stats down for the orky, divided them into levels (and thereby size). The run-of-the-mill orky are lvl 3-5. Big Uns are lvl 7-10, and so forth. They got natural AT because orcs have tough thick green skin which is highly resistant to pain and an "adrenaline-fuelled metabolism", which means stunned maneuvers are at -25.

They are pretty tough but I think they should be as they do nothing but fight all the time.

Was hoping to get feedback on The WAAAGH! idea ;D

And yeah Skavens are cool and since THe Horned God commands me to make em I shall ;)
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"