Author Topic: Rise of the Runelords with RMC  (Read 3878 times)

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
Rise of the Runelords with RMC
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:13:15 PM »
This weekend we are starting a new campaign using the Pathfinder campaign setting. We are gonna start with the first campaign called Rise of the Runelords which you can find here http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/riseOfTheRunelords.

After checking up on the setting it felt like it would suit RM very well. The existing RM races was easy to incorporate into the already existing history and the Campaigns seem have really nice stories behind them (although a bit heavy on the dungeon crawl side but I don't mind).

I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with this campaign and if they had any advice.
I was also thinking about uploading my conversions (trying to avoid any copyright infringements ofcourse) of the Adventures and Setting and was wondering if there is any interest in that.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:42:09 PM by Chorpa »

Offline Emaughan

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rise of the Runelords with RMC
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 01:43:21 AM »
I'm always interested in someone willing to do conversions (all the D20 material out there - so little time to convert).  I do not like D&D as a system, but I do like some of the support material which I do sometimes bring into Rolemaster. 

As for Paizo, I like their stuff.  Along with Green Ronin, they have some great source books and ideas - unfortunately it is centered around D&D 3.5. 

A little side story.  Recently I was invited to join a 3.5 game and I accepted (hey I do not have to be the GM for once).  The GM is starting me at 3rd level since most of the group is fourth level.  That is when I remembered one of the things I really dislike about D&D, the levels are so unbalanced.  In Rolemaster a 1st level character could easily join with a group of 4th level characters.  I had one game where the difference was 8 levels between the highest and lowest character.  Sure you have to play smart when your level difference in a group is high and your on the low end, but it is duable.  D&D - your canon fodder.

Anyway, I always like to see good stuff ment for D20 converted to Rolemaster.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 05:09:55 AM »
Ok then!
After the gaming session this weekend that also will function as a playtest to see if any changes needs to be done. I'll make a guide and upload my it to the Vault.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 12:28:06 PM »
I would enjoy reading your work.  Thanks for sharing.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 12:53:25 PM »
Yes, I am interested as well! ;D There are a number of neat Campaigns for D&D. I also use a lot of D&D 3pp products for ideas, maps, etc.

I don't mind 3.5 too much, and I DM a Pathfinder game 1/week with a different group than my ICE players.

4e, on the other hand,...yuck! :flame:

A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 01:36:39 PM »
Chorpa,
 Maybe you would like to set up a little game info section in the Fan Created Worlds section for others to see what you have done with the conversion. Or you could just list a campaign website if you have one.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 03:27:36 PM »
Hmm I don't have a campaign website yet.
But now might be a good idea. I see if I can whip up something simple, a bit rusty on my html skills:  ::)

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 09:49:58 PM »
I've been eyeing those Pathfinder adventures and would be very interested in hearing how it turned out, or to see any conversion material you come up with.    I don't play D&D but always on the lookout for quality adventure supplements no matter the system.    How are the maps?

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 01:04:26 AM »
I too have been looking at the Pathfinder stuff, not just the adventure paths but the modules they have been putting out, too. At the very least I can use the maps which are excellent.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 05:49:44 AM »
So far I must say that Pazio have a general high quality on their stuff including very nice maps.
Even if you don't use their Pathfinder Adventure Paths I do find the setting to be very interesting.
I have started on my webpage and so far it will be specific for each Adventure Path with Character Creation guidlines and RM Monster Stats for the Adventure Paths. That way I figured even if GMs don't wanna incorporate the whole setting but only the necessary regions for each Path you can pick and choose what they want to use.

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 12:41:53 PM »
Paizo makes execellent products. The layout, the illustration, and so forth. They are overly heavy on dungeoncrawl tho which can be toomuch IMO but its good dungeoncrawls so... :D
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 09:11:19 PM »
Dungeoncrawls have been the bread and butter of fantasy rpgs so it is no surprise. Paizo does have some modules out there that are overland advetures, and the one where you have to man an outpost and defend it. Pretty-cool.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 03:23:14 AM »
There most of the stuff for the first Adventure and the character creation guidelines for Rise of the Runelords are done, now I just need find a good place to put em. I even did a RMFRP/RMSS conversion too since there was only some minor changes to add.

Recommendations on where are welcome, checking with my ISP first to see if they have any space for Webpages.
I'm also trying to get in contact with Pazio to see if you could be allowed to use some of their artwork on my webpage.

I'll keep you updated.

Offline Dax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 03:02:35 PM »
and the one where you have to man an outpost and defend it. Pretty-cool.

Could you please give the name of that module, pleeease.

... on my webpage.

I'll keep you updated.

Another nice update would be a link to your webpage, if you won't mind some more visitors  ::)
R.I.P.    rpgrm.com

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 07:40:15 AM »
I will post it as soon as it's up, still got some minor tweaks.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 09:10:59 AM »
The site is up and running now at this link.

http://www.freewebs.com/chorpa/index.htm

It's still in early stages and conversion stats for the first adventure will arrive any day now.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 10:15:28 PM »
It is called: Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale (Gamemastery Module W1).

Offline Dax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 03:02:44 PM »
Thanks
            and
Thanks.
R.I.P.    rpgrm.com

Offline smug

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 07:47:58 PM »
Paizo utterly rule.

They did allow the GR people to do a True20 conversion of RotRL (since ended as I think that the GR guy doing it left GR), so it may be that if you talk to them they are OK with an RMC conversion (so long as their copyright isn't infringed) and link it, or something.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 02:10:23 AM »
Yes, I have tried to stay away from everything that could be considered Copyright. And as it stands now you still need to purchase the Adventure Paths and/or Setting Books to get the full information. Everything else is only changes to adapt the material for use with the different rules. More info on that is coming when I the Burnt Offerings Conversion. Prolly tomorrow since we are playing the adventure today hehe.