Author Topic: RMC  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Spartan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Forge: Western Martial Arts
RMC
« on: October 22, 2008, 04:06:28 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm a long time RM/ICE fan since '89 or '90, I guess. Was on the old ICE forums way back. Started my ICE collection with MERP, got out of ICE stuff for a while and then got into RMSS in '96. I had a lot of fun with RMSS, though I found it a bit clunky, especially the levelling up. I ended up collecting a fair amount of RM stuff over the years, including a 1st ed Character Law still in shrink (though I doubt the shrink is original).

I'd been thinking about RMC for a while now, and eventually bit the bullet and picked up all the core books plus C&T. Ironically, I'd only played RM2 for maybe a session or three. Man was I mising out. I've read most of the core books, and I have to say I'm impressed. I haven't been this eager to try out a system in a while, and I'm a total system monkey. Of course it helps that it's a game I basically already know, but I can't wait to start rollin' crits again!

Thanks to the RMC team for making this available. I've got folks already waiting to play!

Best regards,

-Mark

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMC
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:33:28 AM »
 Spartan,
 Welcome to the boards.

I think you will find a lot of people here like RM2 and in its reworked form RMC. If you have any questions I am fairly sure people here will help you out and get your game going.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Spartan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 01:30:18 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. :)

I have one question: Is there a profession conversion from RMSS to RMC for the professions like Dabbler and Magent etc., that weren't a part of RM2? Barring that, will they be included in any upcoming supplements?

-Mark

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 04:23:27 PM »
Sounds like a good idea for an issue of Express Additions....  I most likely wouldn't convert the Paladin though, the Champion fills that niche (or you could always get RoCoI from the

(would likely have to rework some of the spells as well)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 04:50:36 PM »
 Spartan,
 As Rasyr said some of the professions have been redone or reworked with different ideas in the Combat Companion. RoCo1 is being updated for RMC so it will have all the professions in that book. [I guess we are going to have to come up with a new system for reworked RoCo's, maybe C-RoCo's or something.]

IMO the Magent is a toned down version of the night blade [which is good] and the person who reintroduced me to the game covered the RMSS rules to his RM2 game. But I am sorry I do not have that information any more and I think he just looked at the info and made a decision as to the numbers. I think you can also do the same thing with the Dabbler and convert it over to RMC.
 BTW, in his RM2 game he used the RMSS Spell Law [SLAW] which was close to the RM2 version but updated. Now the new version of RMC Spell Law has lots of good stuff for a RM2 game or a RMSS/FRP game.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 05:14:58 PM »
There is also a decent guide on how to convert RMSS/FRP professions to RMC in the vault.

http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item58

Offline Spartan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 01:32:01 AM »
There is also a decent guide on how to convert RMSS/FRP professions to RMC in the vault.

Ah, well that will be a help. Tack, Chorpa!

@ Markc: yeah, I can always just do a conversion that's "close enough for rock and roll" and call it good. I've been playing RM long enough that it's no big deal, but if someone's done the work, that would have been easier! :)

Thanks guys, 'preciate it.

-Mark