Author Topic: CT questions  (Read 2772 times)

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
CT questions
« on: October 14, 2008, 12:12:19 PM »
Hi to all folks here!

In the introducing notes from CT, there're some clues for giving skills to monsters with the npc table from Character Law. But how can I do it without stats (Agility, Memory scores...) for the monsters?
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: CT questions
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 01:16:03 PM »
Average members of a race/species will have stat bonuses of zero (prior to racial mods).

One of the quirks of Rolemaster is that the stats are not used to compare the stats of one race against another, but only within a race. 100 is the best a race can do, while 1 is the worst.

However, there are stats available to one degree or another...

Creatures have an IQ listed - that gives you an idea of its intelligence (reasoning, memory, intuition), especially when using table 2-13 on RMC C&T page 18. (this basically gives a number equivalent to human norms - no racial mods needed).

Then you also have the MS/AQ stats for monsters The Speed table on page 10 can help you for AG and Quickness. Treat MS Base column as their Agility Bonus, and the AQ Initiative Modifier column as its Quickness bonus.

Hope that these suggestions help..  ;D

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 01:40:20 PM »
Tank iou for your suggestions. But I mastered HARP a lot of time and now I want master RMC for the adventure paths. It's hard to me to give skills (like Directed spells for elemental monsters) without stats or even racial bonuses... 
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 04:37:48 AM »
May I ask what adventure path you are gonna run?

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 04:44:44 AM »
May I ask what adventure path you are gonna run?

Yes no problem!

I've got the 3 Adventure Paths and I want master Shackled City. But for testing the RMC rules I want begin with Death in Freeport...same climate, same atmosphere. I don't like very much D&D 3.5 and hate D&D 4. That's why I'll use RMC. 
Troll humour:
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 11:38:09 AM »
Average members of a race/species will have stat bonuses of zero (prior to racial mods).

One of the quirks of Rolemaster is that the stats are not used to compare the stats of one race against another, but only within a race. 100 is the best a race can do, while 1 is the worst.

However, there are stats available to one degree or another...

Creatures have an IQ listed - that gives you an idea of its intelligence (reasoning, memory, intuition), especially when using table 2-13 on RMC C&T page 18. (this basically gives a number equivalent to human norms - no racial mods needed).

Then you also have the MS/AQ stats for monsters The Speed table on page 10 can help you for AG and Quickness. Treat MS Base column as their Agility Bonus, and the AQ Initiative Modifier column as its Quickness bonus.

Hope that these suggestions help..  ;D

I know that RM2 had in RoCo VI stats for monsters to costumize them..
Troll humour:
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 11:58:53 AM »

Couple of issues there....

1) ICE does not hold the rights for that product, so ICE cannot use it.

2) There were some assumptions made in regards to those stats that I do not agree with. For example, the stats were given as if all the creatures were measured using the same scale. This results in huge minuses for animals in stats where they shouldn't have minuses, which also ended up in them having very bad skills (for things like perception and tracking).

I think that the problem was that the stats in RoCo VI were all using the same scale and they shouldn't have been. And that in itself is another problem because the "other scales" are not fully defined.

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 12:35:41 PM »

Couple of issues there....

1) ICE does not hold the rights for that product, so ICE cannot use it.

2) There were some assumptions made in regards to those stats that I do not agree with. For example, the stats were given as if all the creatures were measured using the same scale. This results in huge minuses for animals in stats where they shouldn't have minuses, which also ended up in them having very bad skills (for things like perception and tracking).

I think that the problem was that the stats in RoCo VI were all using the same scale and they shouldn't have been. And that in itself is another problem because the "other scales" are not fully defined.

I'm agree with You on all the points. The great improvement (among others  ;D) with HARP it's the variability with monsters. All fighters with 75 on the stats. It's up the Master to construct the villains: demons wizards, orcs rangers, trolls bards ( ???...maybe for thrashcore music)...
An issue on RM Express Addition with racial bonuses for monsters (undeads, demons, hydras...like giants and playable races) should be great.
You don't have rights for RoCo VI, why don't take and adapt those from HARP?   
Troll humour:
From Titan the Fighting&