Author Topic: Rolemaster 1st edition Knight Class  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Harr4322

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rolemaster 1st edition Knight Class
« on: October 11, 2008, 01:52:18 PM »
Hello all.

Does anybody know of a Knight class. I have looked at the Noble warrior and Holy warrior but they don't fit.

If anyone has any knowledge of this class can they let me know.

This would be for the 1st editon of rolemaster.

Thanks

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: Rolemaster 1st edition Knight Class
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 02:17:56 PM »
Go with a fighter who has talents for dispencing low justice and knighted.  Both talents could be wrapped up into one bg option and remember there are certain "flaws" inherient like duty and oath of honor.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 02:37:07 PM »
I'm just wondering why the Noble Warrior doesn't fit? It seems to be exactly what a knight was. Is it because of the Mentalism spells?

If so, you might take a look at the Cavalier class from Companion III.

Cheers
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Grafton

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 11:41:21 PM »
What Hurin said. Given your post, I thought of Cavalier.

Offline Harr4322

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 03:42:58 PM »
The Noble warriors costs for weapons is high but that is to offset the magic. A Knight is skilled in a number of weapons Sword, Mace, Lance etc I wanted something to reflect this but not to go up to steep perhaps 1/3 1/4 1/6 and so on but make the secondary skills more exspensive. The Fighter class only reflects a standard class and is very broad. My understanding of the Knight is that he is the very top class of fighter in his field and began training at about 7.  I have not looked at the Cavalier class yet so I will give it a go.

Thanks

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »
The Noble warriors costs for weapons is high but that is to offset the magic. A Knight is skilled in a number of weapons Sword, Mace, Lance etc I wanted something to reflect this but not to go up to steep perhaps 1/3 1/4 1/6 and so on but make the secondary skills more exspensive. The Fighter class only reflects a standard class and is very broad. My understanding of the Knight is that he is the very top class of fighter in his field and began training at about 7.  I have not looked at the Cavalier class yet so I will give it a go.

Thanks

You might want the Warrior profession, also in RMCIII.  The original description is Warriors are those who come from simple cultures but excel in fighting, like orcs and bugbears.  Still, I think the skill set and cost might be what you are looking for in that profession.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.