Author Topic: Culture/Race Based Adolescence training  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Jorik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Culture/Race Based Adolescence training
« on: September 27, 2008, 03:11:27 AM »
So me and my friends got the playing bug again after a long time, this time choosing RMC.  We only played RMSS till now.
To the question:
Does RMC have any system similar to the skill ranks given at the adolescence stage of RMSS per culture/race?  Did someone incoporate such a system? 
It can probably be done by simply taking it as it is now staright from RMSS, ignoring all unused skills in some way...
I really like to have the characters start with a specific culture and that influence their skill ranks.  I loved the way RMFRP Cultures & Races did it, where culture was seperated from race altogether, and would like to see something like this in my upcoming game.

I might have missed something in the RMC books... still going through them.
Roy

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
Re: Culture/Race Based Adolescence training
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 06:32:49 AM »
Well there are suggestions for it in both Companion I and Express Addition #7. Companion I gives you some guide lines on how to handle cultures, while EA gives you the same kind of information including usable examples, something the Companion lacks.
They arent racial specific, but area based and from what I remember somewhat similar to the RMSS. The main difference is that you have to pay for the culture packages with your DPs.
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline Jorik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 09:02:46 AM »
Thanks a lot,

I'll check them both out.
Roy.

Offline Jorik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 03:47:33 AM »
I checked out Express Additions #7 and it has exactly what I need!
Very similar to the culture rules from RMFRP Races and Cultures.

Thanks a lot
Roy.