Author Topic: Campaign Law ETA  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Kirowan

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Campaign Law ETA
« on: September 19, 2008, 07:17:47 PM »
Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked recently, but what is the ETA on Campaign Law for Rolemaster Classic. (I performed a search on this and couldn't find an answer.)

Thanks.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Campaign Law ETA
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 04:56:02 AM »
The project is still currently being worked on.

To make a long story short - ICE decided that the project needed to be restarted from scratch (and no, I won't go into the reasons why). During this restart, most of the people working on the project decided, for reasons of their own, to leave the project when ICE gave them the opportunity.

The new, smaller team just recently turned in their new outline. That means a minimum of 4-6 months before ICE expects to see a first draft.

Therefore earliest estimates will put Campaign Law into next Spring or early Summer for release if things go smoothly.

Offline Kirowan

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 08:24:48 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply Rasyr. I'll make do with my RM2 Character Law and Campaign Law in the meantime. Will t the new version of Campaign Law will be expanded from what's found in RM2?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 08:40:26 AM »
much expanded, and updated

at least that is the goal

;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 08:46:07 AM by Rasyr »

Offline Akrasia

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Devout Epicurean
    • DailyAkrasia
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 04:57:58 PM »
The original Campaign Law was a great product.  It packed a lot of extremely helpful information in a small package.  I've used it for most of my fantasy campaigns (RM and others) over the past 25 years.

An expanded and updated version would be most welcome!
Akrasia: literally, "bad mixture", the Greek term for the character flaw of incontinence or weakness of the will, the condition in which an agent is unable to perform actions that are known to be right.

Offline Dark Mistress

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 05:48:25 PM »
Yeah have been looking forward to this since RMC was started, Sad to see it delayed.
Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty.

- Benjamin Franklin