Author Topic: Power Point Development Question  (Read 3849 times)

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Power Point Development Question
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 10:26:28 AM »
Luckily, Power Point comes with a handy "help" feature and an online user's manual.  Oh, um.....wrong Power Point.   :Joker2:
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Greyaxe

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Raise the Dead,
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 09:45:16 AM »
I see what you're saying now.

I'm not convinced that letting him a few more points is going to unbalance things that much though (in this case, anyway).  Sure it means he gets to cast more often, but right now, all of his spells are low-level choices.

Someone who knows the system better might build more ranks and higher level choices into his character, but even then, each time he casts those spells, he's gonna take some pretty serious penalties for it being so much higher level than the character.

However, having had it pointed out where it does show the single stat mod, I'll keep it in mind.

A quick and easy way of developing more TP and skills as well as spells is to grant level zero a complete batch of development points, in addition to the adolecent skill ranks.  It teaches your son how to use his dev points and gives him an advantage in the game.  Just my two cents.
My motto:  Go big or Stay Home!
To win without peril is to triumph without glory.
Disclaimer: All of Greyaxe's statements are spoken and written with sarcasm and double meaning, unless the reader says the post is brilliant and insightful as written in which case it was intend that way.

Offline Tolen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »
That's not a bad idea.  I've already spotted him a few points.  Despite all of this discussion, when we went to total everything up, only then did I realize that he had 0 ranks in PPDev, and BD.  I'm also thinking of giving him some free spell ranks so that he doesn't have any 'blank lines' on his known spells list.

I also created a halfling Warrior Monk/Martial Artist* to take along as an NPC companion.  Someone to help him through the first few fights until he learns where to spend his points.

*Why a halfling MA?  Cause it sounded fun... ;D
I'm in Southern Illinois.
No, further than that...
Try South of Mt. Vernon, where Southern Illinois really begins.

Offline Greyaxe

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Raise the Dead,
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 02:47:45 PM »
I think that is cool.  Call him Samfucious, the nimble.
My motto:  Go big or Stay Home!
To win without peril is to triumph without glory.
Disclaimer: All of Greyaxe's statements are spoken and written with sarcasm and double meaning, unless the reader says the post is brilliant and insightful as written in which case it was intend that way.

Offline Tolen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 07:38:28 PM »
I just might at that.
I'm in Southern Illinois.
No, further than that...
Try South of Mt. Vernon, where Southern Illinois really begins.