Author Topic: Very high stats.  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Gore

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Very high stats.
« on: August 01, 2008, 02:43:07 PM »
Hi, Is there a section in the RMSS handling stats over 102?  Also are ther rules for converting characters from the older system because all the stat bonuses have now changed and I would like to use some old NPCs in a new campaign.  Many thanks in advance.

Gore

P.S. This is a great forum!!!
If you kill a man you're a murderer, kill many you're a conquerer, kill them all you're a god! - Megadeth

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Very high stats.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 03:23:13 PM »
Gore,
 I think the rules for a rough conversion of PC's from RM2 are in RMSS Spell Law. Also there is in the character generation section a chart that has all of the stats and there bonuses. On the bottom of the table there is a formula for generation the bonus for higher stats. I do not have my books or the PDF's with me so I cannot give you a page number, but if you cannot find it just say so I will go a diging for it.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 03:17:20 AM »
Stats over 102? I would just change to give them appropriate Talents to try to match their previous stat bonus divided by 3 and to approximate any of the superpowers they may have had in RM2 due to extreme stats. So I would prefer to stick to a 100 stat + special stat bonus + any Talents that they already had been granted due to insanely high stat, rather than go into the stat inflation that RM2 got into.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 05:56:05 AM »
Hi, Is there a section in the RMSS handling stats over 102?

For stat over 102 just use the formula given in the Basic Bonus table: (Stat-95)*2

Also are ther rules for converting characters from the older system because all the stat bonuses have now changed and I would like to use some old NPCs in a new campaign.

There are some guidelines in RMFRP Gamemaster Law (but for NPCs I would suggest you to use them as they are, none but you will notice the difference  ;))
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.