Author Topic: Tactics skill  (Read 2149 times)

Offline mibsweden

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Tactics skill
« on: July 13, 2008, 04:08:09 AM »
An oldie but goodie from Rolemaster Companion I that I like to use in my games. Sooner or later the PC's will reach the level of power when this skill comes into play.

What category for level bonus should I use for this skill, if any (using the RMSS/RMFRP Conversion Friendly Option for level bonuses), and what cost should I use for it?

I am leaning toward a few options:

1. Use Lore, General skill and cost and Lore Skill Category level bonus.

2. Use Lore skill cost from Rolemaster Companion II and Skill Category level bonus...?

Any thoughts on my two options or any other options?

/Thomas
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:16:30 AM by mibsweden »
GM'ing RM since 1984

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Tactics skill
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 07:06:28 AM »
Tactics would be, IMO, an instance of the Lore: Technical skill, if you are including that skill in your game (if you aren't, then Lore: General would work).

Offline mibsweden

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 08:43:55 AM »
Ah yes I really meant Lore: Technical, not general in my original post - think I will do so then, thank you for your uber-fast reply.
GM'ing RM since 1984

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 06:08:16 PM »
Depending on how you use it, you may want to add intuition into the mix. (Like IN/RE, or IN/ME)

I generally don't, as I use perception (IN already included) then a tactics roll, but if you want to skip the perception step, I'd suggest adding intuition into the mix of the skill itself.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:49:34 AM »
I have a Leader in my current game, and let me say this: This one experience has hugely underscored how important the DP cost modifiers based on tutilage(sp?) are!! I am talking about the table in RC2(I think) in which DPs are increased if the character is learning through experience or with a book or with a teacher, etc.
My Leader's maxed out on one of the tactics subgroups by freaking lvl 3 cause it was so cheap. If I would have seen that coming...
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx