Author Topic: Lord Spells  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Greyaxe

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Raise the Dead,
Lord Spells
« on: June 13, 2008, 11:09:15 AM »
How does one learn level 30 and level 50 spells?
My motto:  Go big or Stay Home!
To win without peril is to triumph without glory.
Disclaimer: All of Greyaxe's statements are spoken and written with sarcasm and double meaning, unless the reader says the post is brilliant and insightful as written in which case it was intend that way.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Lord Spells
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 11:54:24 AM »
Same as you learn other spells.

1) If using RMC, core rules, you buy ranks and then roll for each spell above 20th level, and then repeat for the next higher spell. (Note: only Base lists may be learned above 20th level according to the core rules)

2) If using RMC individual development options (or RMFRP), you pay for the intervening ranks accordingly.

Offline Greyaxe

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Raise the Dead,
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 12:11:13 PM »
I use RMFRP and the rank development stops at 25th level, How can one develop more than 25 ranks in a spell list.
Disclaimer: All of Greyaxe's statements are spoken and written with sarcasm and double meaning, unless the reader says the post is brilliant and insightful as written in which case it was intend that way.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 12:12:38 PM »
can you give me a page number to what you are referring?

Offline Greyaxe

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Raise the Dead,
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 01:22:24 PM »
The rank progression for spells is 1.1.0.5.0  This makes it impossible to reach a rank in a spell list over 25. Ill see if i can find a page number, its listed right there on the character sheet, in the Rolemaster character sheet book.  Page 126 RMFRP. under skill progression bonus.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 01:43:42 PM by Greyaxe »

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 01:24:22 PM »
Grayaxe,
 The rank progression is not used for how many spell ranks you can have. Instead it provides a bonus for you to cast a spell on the given list.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 01:26:27 PM »
Right, as markc says, you can still take ranks in the list itself past 25.  You don't continue to get a bonus for purposes of casting but they still count as ranks to determine which spells can be cast.

Offline Greyaxe

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Raise the Dead,
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 01:31:39 PM »
Right, as markc says, you can still take ranks in the list itself past 25.  You don't continue to get a bonus for purposes of casting but they still count as ranks to determine which spells can be cast.
If that is true than I have already learned a spell list to 30th level.  Cool.  SO basically stop calculating bonuses for casting beyond 25 but keep the level 30 spell
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 01:40:45 PM by Greyaxe »

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 01:44:17 PM »
Yes. that number determines your casting bonus, not how many ranks you may purchase in the list.

30 ranks means you know the 30th level spell. 50 ranks will get you the 50th level spell.

Offline Greyaxe

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Raise the Dead,
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 02:10:13 PM »
Thanks Guys.  Now I have Lord Staff.  On that note check out my latest thread Missing Spells.

http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=6855.0

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 12:53:49 AM »
Keep in mind that spell lists are on the Limited progression to prevent lower level characters from casting the really high level spells too easily.  Take a look at the casting penalties for an L50 spell when you're only 25th level.