Author Topic: Hybrid Spell User - Power Point Development Progression  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Forkbeard

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Hybrid Spell User - Power Point Development Progression
« on: May 24, 2008, 07:47:47 AM »
I'm sure I've asked this before, so if I have please accept my sincere apologies.

If I have an Half-Elf hybrid spell user of Essence/Mentalism which one of the following power point development progressions is correct:

• 0.6.6.4.3 (taking the lesser to be Essence because it's lesser at ranks 1-10)
  • 0.6.5.4.3 (taking the lesser of each rank group from both Mentalism and Essence)

I think it's the latter, and I hope it is because it's far easier to implement in SQL with simple aggregation ;)

Effectively I'm asking for a rule clarification on the comment "Hybrid PP progressions are calculated by taking the lesser of the Hybrid spell user?s two realms? progressions" found on page 22 of the RMSS.

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
Re: Hybrid Spell User - Power Point Development Progression
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 08:13:02 AM »
The latter is correct as well as the explanation.

Offline Forkbeard

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Hybrid Spell User - Power Point Development Progression
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 08:46:01 AM »
The latter is correct as well as the explanation.

Yes, many thanks, that is the only logical choice. I only ask because one can argue that purity dictates that the concept lesser(x, y) implied in the statement "the lesser of" must return either x or y and not a new entity z. A bit like saying who is the lesser of person X and person Y and the answer being, the head of person X, plus the body of person Y. :)

Many thanks again for clarifying.