Author Topic: RMSS Black Ops  (Read 10113 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RMSS Black Ops
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 06:31:50 PM »
 I would use AT2 as IMO that is a better representation for unarmored areas. I also use AT2 for Arms Law charts and for SM:P. Fast animals I let use the AT 1 chart.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 06:42:58 PM »
MDC

I have te following:
Weapons Law: Firearms
Spacemaster tech book
SM Player Book
SM GM Book
SM Tech Law
SM Star Strike
SM Future Law
SM Companion
SM Armored Reserves
and SM Vessel Compedium I, II and III
and CyberSpace for the cyber stuff and drugs

Thanks for the assist on this. I really appreciate it.

Allen,
 Are you looking for damage done to people or to objects and vehicles? Some of these can be handeled by SM2 Armored Assault and Star Strike or SM:P Blaster Law and Vehicle Law.

But you say you have WL:F I am not up on my 13.5 mm+ rounds but are they listed in the charts at the back of the book for other weapons? Also there is a table at the begining of WL:F for kinetic energy to ME table that should help. Also there are rules for gernades in varous books and I believe that there is also some errata in the Vault on them.

The big one IMO is that for area affect weapons targets are only going to get a fraction of the overall damage potential, so may want to use a chart in WL:F but change the crits to adjust to the weapon.

Also can you give me a brief listing of the book you have so I might be able to point you in a direction.

MDC
Ooo, that's gonna leave a mark...

or

"Laugh it up shorty... you've been using my loin cloth for a blanket." -Bruce to Inky from the web comic Atland

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »
 I did a little looking but I could not find the info you needed for the 20mm Lan you need the Kinetic Energy. Also from looking it said it was a large round but did not have the power to get through armor. IMO this would drop the attack value but IMO the KE would give you that info.

All you need in the Kinetic Energy of the round to get a chart in WL:F.

Also you did not tell me for which type of attack. On a person or on a vehicle.

For personal I would use the WL:F chart and for vehicles I would use the charts for Armored Assault.

I will gladly help in any other way but I do not have time to look up things on the internet for you.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Dax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 07:29:09 PM »
I bought a TWILIGHT: 2000 Series Module lately. It is the U.S. Army Vehicle Guide.
In it there are all the tanks, artillery, aux vehicle with their weaponary (date 1986/2000 ?).
There are charts of that weapons, but to understand the weapon code I surely have to read the main system. I know there are other Series Modules
So perhaps a product from this line, may help you to compare heavy weapons against normal one to adjust your firearms catalog for use with Xmaster * (and HARP SF).

And then upload it to the vault.  :working: :whip:
__

* Xmaster = Rolemaster and Spacemaster

It seems that TWILIGHT: 2000 is a table top game ...
R.I.P.    rpgrm.com

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 09:47:36 PM »
 I have the TW2000 US Army Vehicle Guide also and I love it. Some of the other ones I like are the Russian Vehicle Guide and an article I picked up in a mag somewhere about aircraft and helows.

In the past I have also created weapons in T3's Fire Fusion and Steel and used the KE of the weapon for the ME chart in WL:F.

R. Defendi talks about support weapons being used in man to man combat in SM:P VM I think but I also seam to reember it being talked about in SM2 somewhere.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 10:24:46 PM »
Sorry about that. I was at work and trying to get out of there for the day.

In my weapons catalog I've got hand guns from .5mm needlers (pretty much out of SM2) up to a 13.5mm hand cannon. in long arms I have some needlers (3mm) then actual firearms from 4mm up to to 15mm (The former USSR/Soviets actually produce a 15mm AMR or Anti Material Rifle that fires this round).
then there are the grenade launchers.
in my world a 20mm grenade is equal in power to a real world 40mm (i.e. from an M203).
Let's not forget rockets! Never know when you're going to find a shoulder fired rocket... or that mini 20mm rocket launcher.

anyways... any and all of these weapons could be used against either personel or vehichals.

I think I've got some reading to do when it comes to WL:F.......

I did a little looking but I could not find the info you needed for the 20mm Lan you need the Kinetic Energy. Also from looking it said it was a large round but did not have the power to get through armor. IMO this would drop the attack value but IMO the KE would give you that info.

All you need in the Kinetic Energy of the round to get a chart in WL:F.

Also you did not tell me for which type of attack. On a person or on a vehicle.

For personal I would use the WL:F chart and for vehicles I would use the charts for Armored Assault.

I will gladly help in any other way but I do not have time to look up things on the internet for you.
MDC

or

"Laugh it up shorty... you've been using my loin cloth for a blanket." -Bruce to Inky from the web comic Atland

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 10:26:47 PM »
well, from the other posts there seems to be some interest in data/talbes/charts/etc. for heavy weapons... I'm just not sure how to go about figuring out what the hits would be... I suppose I could just stick with the Impact/Balistic/Shrapenel charts for crits...

thoughts?

or

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 12:12:39 AM »
 I would check out HTTP://world.guns.ru  as they have a lot of good info. But I do not know why I did not check there first instead of just doing google search. Must be my cold/flu/something bad.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline kedrake

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Land of Osmar
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 08:13:57 AM »
How about a copy of Sea Law you would be willing to let go for $10 ?

I have the rulebook for Sea Law, but none of the other components, and would let it go for $10.00 (don't forget the shipping).
If there is a turd in the punch bowl, adding more punch isn't going to help.

http://home.comcast.net/~kerrydrake/HARP

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
    • ICE Roleplaying WebRing
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 12:43:41 PM »
How about a copy of Sea Law you would be willing to let go for $10 ?

I have the rulebook for Sea Law, but none of the other components, and would let it go for $10.00 (don't forget the shipping).

The counters for Sea Law are available in the Vault:
http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item158
Brent Knorr...
Ringmaster:ICE Roleplaying Webring - http://www.icewebring.com

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 01:16:09 PM »
Yup, I have that site book marked at home. heh

I guess what I'm looking/hoping for is some pre-existing ICE type charts for hits for weapons of this size and caliber. really dont wanna have to try and complie it myself as, to be honest, I dont think I know what I'm doing.

I would check out HTTP://world.guns.ru  as they have a lot of good info. But I do not know why I did not check there first instead of just doing google search. Must be my cold/flu/something bad.

MDC

or

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 01:25:40 PM »
Doesn't SM have vehicle mounted weapons that fall into the right range, then rules for using vehicle mounted weapons on characters?
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 09:47:46 PM »
Lord Miller,

Yes SM:VM and SM:P BL do have some rules for using support weapons on PC's as well as vehicles. They also give a range of options for you to use in your game depending on how powerful you awnt to make support weapons on people or personal weapon attacks on vehicles. 

Allen,
 I cant give away that much info in a book but I can say that you are going to have to do some work on your own to get the stats for the weapons you listed above.
 BTW, the stuff I found on the 13.5mm was not that great and IMO a US M2 would do more damage as there wsa not enought powerderr in the round to accelerate the bullet mass effectivly.

A side note on Future Weapons the other day they talked about a company using a computer to design a round and then designed the weapon to fire it. Got to love technology.

MDC

Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 06:05:23 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, Allen will also find all the info he needs on explosives and grenades in SM also.

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 09:40:22 AM »
Thanks to everyone, I really appreciate the help. :)
I'll let you know how it goes... gonna get to reading now. :)

~A

or

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 08:45:19 AM »
Go figure... LOL... just as I was nearing completion, the catalog begins to evolve again...

New, 100% original pics/images of all weapons.
not sure how long this will delay the project but...

I've passed on to 3 people outside of my immediate game group from here on the boards and so far the response has been possitive and thus the original art.

So... I've decided "WTF, let's do it big." heh

I think my group is going to have kittens when they get the final version and the game starts. LOL

hrmm... this turned out to be more of a blog type posting, didnt it?

or

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 12:51:51 PM »
Did you find everything you needed in SM, or did you need to "Make it up"?

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 01:15:33 PM »
I 'modified' things a little for the heavier weapons that I put into play.
ME29 from Weapons Law: Firearms is the highest chart for the .50 cal BMG round (as fired by the beloved Browning M2). the .50 is a 12.7mm... so for 20mm I doubled the hits (but not the crit) of ME29, 30mm is x3 and 40mm is x4.
Perhaps not the best method, but it's what I had.
Needlers and grenades/explosives are right outta SM:T for the most part; for my home brew I just present them with different names. Instead of a Mk1 greande, I call it a class 'A' is all.

All the rest of the guns are pretty straight forward for the WL:F book, each is assigned what I've deemed to be the appropriate chart and think I came out pretty damn good and with what I wanted. :)

MDC seems to like it well enough and still hoping you, LM, find the time to look it over too. :)

AAA

Did you find everything you needed in SM, or did you need to "Make it up"?

or

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 03:20:05 PM »
It's up to #1 on my list. . .I did say it'd take a few weeks. . . ;D I got a lot done last night.

Offline Allen

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 03:21:33 PM »
No worries, jsut giving you a hard time. :)

It's up to #1 on my list. . .I did say it'd take a few weeks. . . ;D I got a lot done last night.

or