Author Topic: Spell Realm Companions/Spell Casting Statuc Maneuver Table T4.5  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Forkbeard

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
We're using training package spells from within the various spell realm companions, whilst maintaining the standard Spell Casting Static Maneuver roll found in RMSS pg105.

The Mentalism Companion talks of new types, namely Own Realm Training Package and Other Realm Training Package (#5605 pg17).

What realm modifications should one use for Spell List Type on T-4.6. (RMSS pg106)???

Many thanks in advance.

James

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Spell Realm Companions/Spell Casting Statuc Maneuver Table T4.5
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 10:49:25 AM »
IIRC, Training Package Lists are the equivalent of Closed lists, so you could always use the mods for them accordingly.

Offline Forkbeard

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:11:07 PM »
I think that's a very sensible option under the circumstances. Thank you.

The reason I made the post is just in case someone somewhere knows of some rulings that I'm not aware of that covers this.

For simplicity I've stuck to RMSS, which is complex enough for a part-timer like me. However, players being players have talked me into using various other bits and bobs, like the spells found in the companions. It's my own fault I should be more strict.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »
 I actually really like some of the TP spell lists and ofer them sometimes with home made TP's or as option for other TP's. I also use the cost out of the MC but I treat them as own realm open or base in some cases for the penalties. But as you can see that is a house rule and not in the book.

Some examples of house rulings:
 I let rangers and animast take the animal bonding list as own base.
 I let ranngers take wyrd bow list from the guild companion as base list.
 I let almost any essence user take the magic staff list as base for one of thier own base list.

The spell list for all the sea stuff is common for PC's from the coast even if they are non-spell casters and can be taught to anyone using the DP chart in MC.

So as you can see I am sort of free in some areas but not in others.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.