Author Topic: What fonts are used in the HARP rules?  (Read 3288 times)

Offline frodolives

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
What fonts are used in the HARP rules?
« on: January 30, 2008, 06:03:38 PM »
I generally like my house rules to have the same "look" as the rules from the core book in any RPG. To that end, what fonts are used in HARP and where can I get them?

Offline Dax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: What fonts are used in the HARP rules?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 06:22:57 PM »
Oh, nice idea.
If those are free fonts perhaps a nice additions to the Vault ::)
R.I.P.    rpgrm.com

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:58:14 PM »
Sorry, Dax, they are not free fonts.

The main text uses the Minion font. The headers use a font called Korigan ITC.

I am not sure where ICE acquired them from, but you should be able to do a search and find them easily enough.

Offline Skynet

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 07:45:45 AM »
I generally like my house rules to have the same "look" as the rules from the core book in any RPG. To that end, what fonts are used in HARP and where can I get them?

I'm just like on that. Very geeky, but it just look so great when everything matches...  ;D

Ok, so, Minion IS a free font, it comes with Adobe Reader when you install it. Just look in :

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Resource\Font

Maybe the path on your computer is slightly different, but it should be there. As for the Korigan ITC font, I pretty sure it's not free. But since it would be for personal use and just for the fun of it, you can find it here :

http://www.upseros.com/fonts.php?f=15984

Don't ask me why. It's just there! After that, you can extract images from the HARP PDF you bought or the freebies ICE offers to give your house rules the ultimate HARP look! Just use the select tool in Adobe Reader, left-click on the image to select, right-click to bring the copy menu, then paste from the clipboard in your favorite software (Gimp, Photoshop, etc.). Save it and have a great time designing your house rules the "official" way.

Also, you have the HARP logo here : http://www.ironcrown.com/OfficialLogos.htm .

Have fun!

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 04:39:36 PM »
I can't wait to see the font in the HARP SF! As I really like the choice for the fantasy HARP I expect something really scifi-cool!
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Harpist

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 03:10:29 PM »
Hi, I have the same obsession with trying to make my house rules look like the main text.  The following fonts seem to match what the text used. The Minion Pro font that skynet mentions seems close to Minion-Regular, but i do notice that the Korigan ITC font that he links to does not really match the KoriganITC-Bold used in the main rulebook, at least to my fading eyesight.

KoriganITC-Bold (Chapter headings, Chapter entries in Table of contents, Section headings)
Minion-Regular (Section entries in Table of contents, most body text, some entries in tables)
Minion-Bold (some section/paragraph headings and definitions, some entries in tables)
Minion-Italic (examples)

Good luck.